LGBT Parenting

Halloween Costumes

I know you've all been thinking about it.  So what are the LOs going to be this year? Are you making the costume or buying?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Halloween Costumes

• Well on here I call our girl Jelly Bean but at home I also call her Jelly Bug (only not 'Jelly' but her first name that sounds really similar). lol!  Anyway....we're thinking of this lady bug costume:

image but we're also thinking about maybe going this route:

They are both Carter's costumes that Costco is selling for only $12 instead of the $25 that Carter's has them on sale for.  Part of me really wants to make her costume because growing up I never had a store bought costume.  But I also know my time is limited and it might not be the best use of my time.  

• I cant sew a stitch so my kids' costumes will always be purchased :P

Sprout chose Tigger (i got his costume for .99 off of ebay!):

And much to sprout's dissapointment, Rosebud will be Piglet:

(his vote was for baby alien)

• Loading the player...
  • I love both of those Two! JB would be adorable in either :)
  • DD is going to be a pirate for Halloween, that was the theme for her birthday party and she wanted to keep the costume to wear for Halloween.

DW and I are going to be robots and were hoping DD would complete our robot family but she isn't into the idea.

• Two - Love them both!

CT - Love that Sprout wanted his sis to be a baby alien. Too cute.  Great ebay score!! Maybe that's where I should look...

Butterfly - Two robots and a pirate - love it!

I have no idea what Henry is going to be! Just the other day I realized...  Oh, right..Halloween!  I guess I should get on this.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • we don't know yet! we thought about a monkey, for obvious reasons, but we've seen some other things we liked, too, and really haven't done a lot of looking yet. we'll be going to BRU and a few other places running errands tonight (all his sleepers are too small!) so we're planning to look and see what's around.

• I love all the adorable costumes!!

Trav got Gwen this costume right after she was born: 

But now that she's so active, and wanting to be mobile, it would not work for all day. So she'll wear that for a little bit in the evening just to go to the neighbors and we got this onesie (minus the heart) for during the day: 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • This isn't Ryan in it, but we got him this costume this weekend:

My mom made all of my costumes as a kid as well, but I don't think it's happening this year  lol.

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not sure about PBS just yet...still thinking. LMC is all about anything girly, princessy, ballerinaesque so that should be easy.

I can't wait to see pics of everyone's cuties all dressed up!

• My mom made all of my costumes growing up and I really wanted to do the same for E, but I sort of missed the bus last year and we ended up buying this costume for him.

It was pretty cute, but of course I'm biased by my connection to the model. :-)

I promised myself I'd make his costume this year (we're planning on dressing him up as a gnome), which reminds me... I'd better get started on that! :-P
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• Meegs... we have that skeleton for Annie in pink

Don't know what her actual costume will be this year. Most toddler costumes seem to have a hood or hat and Annie won't wear either. I would love for her to be a monkey or elephant since those are her favorite animals right now, but everything has a hood.

Tutu's are also out. She hates them with a passion and cannot get them off fast enough.

Hard to dress my non- girly little girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekendylann:

It was pretty cute, but of course I'm biased by my connection to the model. :-)

My word that is adorable!! :-) 

I love sock monkeys.  

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Aww, thanks Meegs! I can't wait to see Gwen in both of her costumes. :-)
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• Update: I have come up with the perfect costume for Henry.  An "Oh Henry!" candy bar!  I'm going to make it out of felt.

I thought of the Oh Henry bar or King Henry VIII - C chose the candy bar Smile

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrs._F:

Update: I have come up with the perfect costume for Henry.  An "Oh Henry!" candy bar!  I'm going to make it out of felt.

I thought of the Oh Henry bar or King Henry VIII - C chose the candy bar Smile

Love it!!

• The boys have changed their minds 1001x in the past few months, so we are waiting for it to get a bit closer to make a purchase.  So far choices have been: Spiderman, Batman, Ironman, Buzz Lightyear. Wouldn't be my choice - but I am not a 4y old boy! ;)

CT - Carter was that Tigger a few years ago. So cute! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:

So far choices have been: Spiderman, Batman, Ironman, Buzz Lightyear. Wouldn't be my choice - but I am not a 4y old boy! ;)

CT - Carter was that Tigger a few years ago. So cute! :)

those are the exact choices i was expecting...i'm counting Tigger as my early christmas present ;)

• LOL. You should. Last year we got off easy with a couple of pirates. I am not thrilled about the love of superheros...but this isn't a battle I am willing to engage in.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"