Military Families

Ft Lewis Ladies...

My husband will be getting his orders for Lewis in a week or two, so we've been looking at the housing website. We've never lived on post before and will have a 4 month old little one by the time we get there. Any tips about housing? With his rank we apparently have the option of Beachwood (new and old) and Madigan, and I guess we have to preference which one when we sign up for the waitlist? I just didn't know if there are little known facts about these developments that you wouldn't know until you got there. Any tips would be appreciated as we are completely clueless as to how this process works, other than the info you can find online. Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ft Lewis Ladies...

• My husband has orders for a PCS to Fort Lewis at the beginning of the year, so we have no experience with the installation yet, but we have some friends that are already there (we would be in Madigan or Beachwood, too, if we were going to live on post). They've told us the new housing is very nice, but there isn't much of it. They've been on the waitlist for new housing in Beachwood for over a year now, and they're still halfway up the list. The older Beachwood and Madigcan housing, according to them, is awful and very small. They're building more new housing, but again... Long waitlists. Like I said, we're not there, yet, ourselves, so this is all second-hand. But I hope it helps!
  • Thank you, that does help because the website makes it sound like there is little to no wait :( I guess I'll just have to wait and see if we can get anything. Good luck with your PCS, looks like you're going from one end of the country to the other too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies,

I'm stationed at Fort Lewis but I don't live on post. I wanted to give you the link to a message board where you can ask questions about specific housing areas. I have heard both good and (very) bad things about living on post.

https://www.lewisunderground.com

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
    September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
    Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
    Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

• imageFraggleChic:

Hi ladies,

I'm stationed at Fort Lewis but I don't live on post. I wanted to give you the link to a message board where you can ask questions about specific housing areas. I have heard both good and (very) bad things about living on post.

https://www.lewisunderground.com

Thanks, I'll go check this out now!

• Hey!! We are stationed at Lewis. We're actually moving on post tomorrow into the renovated Beachwood housing. The waitlist for the new Beachwood housing is REALLY REALLY long (like up to a year) and the houses are larger at Beachwood than Madigan. They won't let you see the inside of a house though so be prepared for that. They will show you a floor plan that *may* be something like your house but maybe not. Beachwood is nicest b/c its right on the lake. From our house on post we can walk to the beach and to a couple playgrounds. The renovations on the Beachwood houses seem nice, I'll report tomorrow after we do our move in and get keys. We've never seen the inside of the house! I'm kinda nervous. PM me if you're interested in more info :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"