South Florida Babies
Options

Albah

How has it been so far with a (newly) 2 year old and a newborn? I know when they're so little they're much easier but how is it juggling both boys so far??

Btw, that Evan is going to be quite the heart breaker. I can't get over how cute he is!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Albah

• Options

Hi Clari! Thank you so much...Evan is a handful! lol So far, it has been a bit better than I expected. Evan is an extremely active toddler and I knew he was not going to be easy with a new brother at home. When Ethan first came home, Evan was a bit sick so that added to the stress and him being quite fussy. He was not eating, drinking, or sleeping for that matter. But now things are so much better and Evan has been very good...he comes up to Ethan and wants to kiss him all day. hee hee I have to be so careful though because Evan is still a "baby" and he is not gentle at all...mommy eyes behind my head and all with this little guy. ;) Sleep-wise, I had transferred Evan to a big boy bed back in May and as of today, he has not regressed (::knocking on wood::)...then again, I made the big change with 3 months left so that he wouldn't feel that we were "kicking" him out of our room (yup, he slept in our bed for almost 21 months). I haven't really touched the potty training aspect of things just yet, didn't want to overwhelm him. ;)

On the other hand, Ethan has been such a good baby so far. He really "cried" for the 1st time last night but once he calmed down, he fell asleep and for 6 straight hours!! I'm BFing so it's usually every 2-3 hrs in the day but he has been giving me every 4 hrs at night time. This is so new to me since Evan was quite the opposite as a newborn...he would cry all the time, he was gassy, he struggled to sleep....

Dawn gave some really good advice the other day that I have been following and it has worked like a charm! (1.) Don't change the toddlers routine; try to incorporate the baby into this routine as much as possible and (2.) When both are crying, take care of the toddler 1st, the baby won't remember you left him crying for a bit. lol  It really does the trick!

Thanks for asking about us...you will soon be experiencing the wonders of having 2 boys close in age at home as well! And I am sure you will do an amazing job!!

Laura

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

Wow, Evan sounds exactly like Abraham!! lol This child won't sit still for a second! Or at least it seems that way to me. I'm kind of worried about him with a baby because I know he's going to want to touch him and I know I'm going to have to let him but I'll probably be freaking out inside! Abraham is not gentle at ALL, he tries (we practice with our smallest dog, bless her soul lol) but he doesn't get it. It sounds like Evan's doing really well considering the change though!!

Oh man, that's another thing I'm worried about. I think the day I found out I was pregnant all of a sudden I started getting SO tired that I couldn't deal with Abraham waking up in the middle of the night. To the point that I started bringing him to my bed and now sometimes he just goes to sleep in my bed. That's something I know I have to put a stop to but it scares me since I started bringing him over SO late so now I think I screwed up the way he thinks about his room and my room. Ugh, not fun:(!! I don't think he's ready for a toddler bed yet though, but he sure hates his crib now.

That's awesome that Ethan is doing so well!!! Abraham was not (correction: IS NOT) an easy baby at all. From the moment we brought him home he had trouble sleeping and wanted to eat all the time. I'm hoping I have a different experience with #2! Dawn's advice really does sound great! Sometimes I kind of feel bad because I do want them close in age but I feel like poor Abraham is my baby, he's going to be so confused!! I'm sure they'll all be fine though, and later on they'll really enjoy having a brother so close in ageSmile

Thanks for the reply, I'm so glad you guys are adjusting so well!!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, Abraham and Evan seem to have very similar personalities!! I know what you mean, they are still our babies...being postpartum and with all these hormonal changes, I've gotten weepy over Evan no longer being my only baby. haha Don't get me wrong, I love Ethan but having a 2nd baby is a different stage in life and we are no longer a family of 3! And Abraham will most definitely want to touch his little brother...I freak out every time Evan wants to touch him, which almost always involves the face and in particular the eyes. lol I know along with pregnancy comes that nice fatigue and wanting to sleep as much as possible. Even though we transferred Evan to a bed, he still manages to come to our room usually once per night. Sometimes we cave and let him in the bed if it's closer to the morning time. I know it's amazing to snuggle with our little ones but they do get used to it and now I feel bad when Evan comes into our room and sees the baby there as well. But like you said, they will all be just fine and it will work out great since later on they will be able to enjoy each others company particularly being so close in age. Will keep you posted on any new things I discover being a mommy of 2! :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"