Postpartum Depression

This came out of nowhere...

Harper just turned 2 months and all the sudden out of nowhere I'm so sad I can't make it through the workday without going into the bathroom to cry two or three times.  For the first two months the only issue I had was feeling overwhelmed, but it wasn't overpowering like it is now.  I cried myself to sleep last night and couldn't even figure out why I was crying.  I feel like a terrible mother.  I was so determined to EBF and when it didn't work (he was losing to much weight too fast) I felt like a failure.  Everytime I think about failing at breastfeeding I feel awful and have to fight back the tears.  I thought it was just the ordinary blues I usually got before I was pregnant during my period, but it's gone now and the blues aren't. 

I don't know what's going on.  My husband is deploying in less than 2 weeks and my doctor thought that I just have so much going on that I had a reason to be overwhelmed but it's just getting worse and worse.  I feel awful.  Harper deserves a happy, healthy Mom.

On top of all that I feel disgusting.  I am so huge.  Even though I lost all the baby weight I still can't fit into any of my pre-baby clothes.  I'm in the Navy and I had to buy all bigger uniforms (which aren't cheap) and only have 3 more months to be completely back in shape.  I have stretch marks literally from my two inches above my belly button all the way to my calves!  They go all the way around my thighs, butt, back and stomach.  I can't even wear shorts or a skirt without them showing, let alone a bathing suit. 

All of the sudden I feel like I'll never be able to juggle the baby, the housework, the military, the dog and working out.  How do people do it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This came out of nowhere...

• First of all. . . . BREATHE.  You do have a lot going on, and that's okay.  If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you feel like your life is spinning out of controI.  You remind me of me.  I would cry for hours and not know why.  And I couldn't stop.  I felt totally overwhelmed.

Please, call your OB or PCP and let them know how you are feeling.  Things can get so much better!  And like you said, Harper deserves a happy Mom.  HTH!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes life throws you a lot at once and post pardum depression can easily come at 2 months. So with all you have going on please see a doctor. It can become night and day baby!! Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry about how you are feeling. Don't be so hard on yourself. It has only been 2 months. None of us are looking like Giselle yet :) Plus your husband is deploying which is huge. I am sure you are a great mom. Love the name Harper, btw. I am on medication for PPD and it has made a huge difference. Talk to your OB if you think it might help you. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"