Secondary IF
Options

So scared. (not IF related)

I know I'm pretty new to this site, but I just got some very scary news and my husband is out of town. I just need to talk to someone about it.

My daughter (eight years old) has been having pain in her jaw for most of the summer. We took her to the dentist who said it was probably TMJ and gave her a mouth guard. Well when that didn't help I took her to the doctor who put her on antibiotics, just in case it was an infection.

We went back to the doctor yesterday because she was still in pain and she finished the antibiotics a week ago. The doctor noticed right away that her lymph nodes were even more swollen than they were previously and decided to run a blood test. His office just called a few minutes ago and they said that based on her bloodwork, they want us to take her to a hospital in the city closest to us for an MRI and more testing. They also mentioned possibly meeting with an oncologist.

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my entire life. Sorry I just really needed to get it out and I can't talk about it in front of her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So scared. (not IF related)

• Options
    I am so sorry, I hope it all turns out okay. 
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    That is very scary.  She is in my prayers. 
    Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh sweetie I am so sorry.  Lots of thoughts and prayers that all turns out well.  {{{HUGS}}}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • Options

Thank you all for the kind words. Now that I've had a bit of time to calm down, I'm not feeling quite so panicked.  Just trying to think positive. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers very much, you're all very kind.

Good luck to all of you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of prayers and hugs being sent your way that everything turns out okay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crap, That is scary!  I hope that once they get her in there it turns out to be something really easily resolved.  Sending good thoughts your way!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't imagine. I hope all is well!
  • Options
    What a nightmare!  I hope it turns out to be nothing.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"