Military Families

Samantha.D (I can't remember the rest), let me tell you a little story.

When I first read your post, I wasn't going to reply because you are such a trainwreck, but I can't help it. I can't NOT say anything.

When I was pregnant with that adorable kid in my sig, my water broke at 32 weeks. That adorable kid ended up in a NICU 2 hours away from me for a week. And then was transferred back to the hospital here and spent 5 weeks in that hospital. Do you know what my bill was for the ambulance rides to and from the NICU were? $3500 each trip. Do you know what my bill was for the one damn week in the NICU at the hospital 2 hours away? $50,000. Do you know how much my bill was for the 5 weeks she spent in the hospital here? Almost as much as the week in the NICU. And that doesn't include the bill for my c-section and one day that I spent in the hospital, which was nearly $10,000. Do you know how much of those I had to pay? $200. Because I had health insurance. Do you know how much financial trouble I would be in still, 5 years later, if I didn't have health insurance to pay for all that? A whole hell of a lot.

There was also 6 months of physical therapy she had to do, the oxygen she went home on and was on for a month and a half after she came home, the RSV vaccinations she had to have that winter. All of that got paid for somehow, and most of it WASN'T by me.

I had zero, ZERO warning that I was going to go into labor early. I had a perfect pregnancy, no complications, nothing.

I feel sorry for the helpless kid you are going to bring into this trainwreck of a life you are living. Get your head out of your a$$ and get insurance.

Missed M/C 11/5/2010 @ 5 weeks, 3 days* D&C 12/3/2010 at 9 weeks, 3 days
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Samantha.D (I can't remember the rest), let me tell you a little story.

• imagestyme46:

When I first read your post, I wasn't going to reply because you are such a trainwreck, but I can't help it. I can't NOT say anything.

When I was pregnant with that adorable kid in my sig, my water broke at 32 weeks. That adorable kid ended up in a NICU 2 hours away from me for a week. And then was transferred back to the hospital here and spent 5 weeks in that hospital. Do you know what my bill was for the ambulance rides to and from the NICU were? $3500 each trip. Do you know what my bill was for the one damn week in the NICU at the hospital 2 hours away? $50,000. Do you know how much my bill was for the 5 weeks she spent in the hospital here? Almost as much as the week in the NICU. And that doesn't include the bill for my c-section and one day that I spent in the hospital, which was nearly $10,000. Do you know how much of those I had to pay? $200. Because I had health insurance. Do you know how much financial trouble I would be in still, 5 years later, if I didn't have health insurance to pay for all that? A whole hell of a lot.

There was also 6 months of physical therapy she had to do, the oxygen she went home on and was on for a month and a half after she came home, the RSV vaccinations she had to have that winter. All of that got paid for somehow, and most of it WASN'T by me.

I had zero, ZERO warning that I was going to go into labor early. I had a perfect pregnancy, no complications, nothing.

I feel sorry for the helpless kid you are going to bring into this trainwreck of a life you are living. Get your head out of your a$$ and get insurance.

Aww how sad. You mean the health care system just paid off all your debt? Like having a kid and having to pay the price for her would have been a burden? I can pay out of my own pocket for whatever expenses I may have. I don't need to take money out of the health care system that could be used for saving "needy" souls like yours.

• Loading the player...
  • imageSamantha.Douthat:
    imagestyme46:

Aww how sad. You mean the health care system just paid off all your debt? Like having a kid and having to pay the price for her would have been a burden? I can pay out of my own pocket for whatever expenses I may have. I don't need to take money out of the health care system that could be used for saving "needy" souls like yours.

No, the health care system did not pay her debt.  You are further proving your ignorance.  When you pay for health insurance, it pays the majority of your health care costs.  You pay co-pays and deductables.  She paid her part and the health insurance that she pays for covered the rest.  I highly doubt that you will be able to afford nearly $200,000 or more in medical bills.  The average American would be up the proverbial creek.  She's trying to help you out here by giving you some perspective. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSamantha.Douthat:

Ok, see, now you're just being a twat.  She didn't ride free health care or steal from other people you moron. She had health insurance that she paid for that came in when she needed it. You mean to tell me that you have well over $100,000 just sitting around waiting for a raining fuucking day? I highly doubt it.

• imageSamantha.Douthat:
    imagestyme46:

You make zero sense b/c you are the one who brought up needing to speed up the divorce so you could marry your FI b/c you didn't have insurance!  YOU SAID IT!

• imageGracieLouFreebush*:

You make zero sense b/c you are the one who brought up needing to speed up the divorce so you could marry your FI b/c you didn't have insurance!  YOU SAID IT!

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

• imagebuckeyebabe08:

imageGracieLouFreebush*:

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

I do know her, thanks to her SN.  Tongue Tied

• imageSamantha.Douthat:
    imagestyme46:

No idiot, the premiums I pay for insurance paid most of my bills. But thanks for that.

And you're right, I'm a needy soul. I felt a need to go into labor early.

Good luck with your life and pregnancy, but my bet is on you being a single mom because he cheated on you by the time that kid is born. I hope for your sake that you don't have any complications or anything so you don't have to use all your "out of pocket" money for hospital bills. Kudos to you for not "taking advantage" of the healthcare system that is in place specifically for that reason.

ETA: When I did the first ETA, I didn't mean to delete my entire other reponse. That's what I get for replying to idiots. I give up.

Missed M/C 11/5/2010 @ 5 weeks, 3 days* D&C 12/3/2010 at 9 weeks, 3 days
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagestyme46:
    imageSamantha.Douthat:
    imagestyme46:

Yes, you're right. I'm a needy soul. I had quite a bit of money saved up and could've paid some of those bills myself if I had needed to, but I certainly didn't have over $100,000 to pay for them all. I would've been in financial trouble, despite all my saving and all my planning for having my child. But thankfully, I didn't need it. So yeah, I'm thankful for my health insurance and the health care system for paying off my debt. And I didn't go and get knocked up by some dude who is still married. I got knocked up by my own husband, after much planning and much saving. 

And I fail to believe that you have that kind of money to pay for things that "come up". Do you have enough money to buy a house just laying around? Because that's how much my bills would've equaled. And the average "joe" doesn't have that kind of money just laying around. And last time I checked, that was sort of the point of health insurance, right? To help pay medical bills? But that's cool, I get it, you're better than me since you TTC for 8 months and then got knocked up by some dude that is still married and already has a child.

Good luck with your life and pregnancy, but my bet is on you being a single mom because he cheated on you by the time that kid is born. I hope for your sake that you don't have any complications or anything so you don't have to use all your "out of pocket" money for hospital bills. Kudos to you for not "taking advantage" of the healthcare system that is in place specifically for that reason.

• I think the only needy soul in this situation is your unborn child.  I really hope you get your head out of your ass soon.

Excuse me while I write a check for my 500 dollar deductible for my surgery due to the baby I just lost at 18 weeks.  However, it's better than 48 grand.  I highly doubt you have that kind of cash on hand.   

• J+MSJ+MS member
    It doesn't matter because she doesn't need health care anyway. She's doing it "1800s style".
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageJ+MS:
    It doesn't matter because she doesn't need health care anyway. She's doing it "1800s style".

If she's going to go full steam ahead with the "1800s style" she better be prepared to be a social outcast for the rest of her life.  It was more than "frowned upon" to get knocked up by a married man.  Thank God you're doing this "1800's style" and not "1600's style" or you'd end up with a Scarlet A on your chest.  Truly you dodged a bullet on that one.

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • even better

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Mandy, you're killing me, lmao.  I dang near choked on Dr P.
  • imageSamantha.Douthat:
    imagestyme46:

Are you stupid?  The health care system and health insurance are to totally different things!   

• imageRoseTor:

Are you stupid?  The health care system and health insurance are to totally different things!   

She got KU by her bf after TTC for the last 8 months even though he's married. They're both SMs. Oh and her SN is her FN/LN.  Yeah....I'd stay she's stupid. 

• imageSamantha.Douthat:

Omg you are dense. Having health insurance is completely different than what you're talking about. But you wouldn't know because you obviously aren't paying for insurance.

If anyone is going to have "the health care system pay their debts" it's you, because you're the genius who chose to get pregnant without insurance.

• what branch of service? I love reporting adultry to the base/post commander or hell... lets just C&P all of her bs to the Army/Navy/AF/USMC times and let them have a field day with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"