Health & Exercise

Vegatarian kid-friendly meals?

I may only be 22 weeks along with my first child...but just daydreaming about the future.

I'm a vegatarian (DH is not and I dont mind if DS eats meat down the road) but I would like to be able to prepare vegatarian meals for the family.

Anyone have any suggestions for kid-friendly vegatarian meals that are work-week easy?

Re: Vegatarian kid-friendly meals?

• cauliflower mashed potatoes. I also made a potato salad with tofu instead of mayo
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DD is an adventurous eater so i'm lucky there, pretty much anything i ate before i can make now and she will eat. i am veg, DH is not and DD is not but we still often have veg meals - other days i will cook meat for them.

some of the things we eat, off the top of my head - grilled eggplant; any pasta supper (millions of recipes); stir fries with marinated tofu and tons of veggies

fwiw, i've found it is pretty easy to cook meat for the family and still eat vegetarian and basically have the same thing for dinner.

• Loading the player...
  • My daughter loves tofu teriyaki. And every few weeks we have burritos with brown rice and black beans - no meat! So yummy! My daughter LOVES brown rice! Yum-o! :0) She also loves meatless hot-dogs, which I can't stand the smell of, but she gobbles up! We're not vegetarians... I do love knowing she's eating good whole grains and keeping fatty meats at minimum.

ETA: Kids will eat just about anything they see mommy and daddy eat. You'll end up playing it by ear and cutting up your favorite meals into bite-sized pieces and she/he will eat it up! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Thanks everyone; what a great start!
  • My nephews (7 and 2) love my 'green spaghetti'. Basil pesto, feta cheese stirred through fettacini.
  • My kids love bean burritos! Also, veggie chili is delish and my boys eat it if I leave out any hot spices.  Eggplant parmesan, but I peel the eggplant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"