Military Families

So mad i could hit someone!

Mostly a protester!  Three years ago a woman near my home town taught her son to trample the state flag AT A SOLDIERS FUNERAL! She was at the courthouse today and there were protesters EVERYWHERE! They had signs saying horrible things about our soldiers.  It made me so mad I was crying.  I wanted to punch them in the face.   They have no business protesting at a funeral and ruining a families time to grieve.  Just wanted to vent with other military spouses.  It is driving me crazy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So mad i could hit someone!

• It's unbelievable how insensitive some people can be!
  • there is actually a group of people the westboro baptist church, who travel around protesting funerals. They are sick, and I hope someone shoots them one day.
  • Loading the player...
  • image1momma:
    there is actually a group of people the westboro baptist church, who travel around protesting funerals. They are sick, and I hope someone shoots them one day.

And there is an AWESOME group called Patriot Guard Riders who go to the funerals that the westboro babtst "church" protests at and makes sure they are not able to get anywhere near the family or friends!  There motto is "Stand for those who Stand For Us."  I follow them on facebook, they are a wonderful group of people, I thank God that there are people like them out there who try and stop the crazies that protest at funerals!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • :: runs to FB to like this:: I like this a lot.
  • image1momma:
    there is actually a group of people the westboro baptist church, who travel around protesting funerals. They are sick, and I hope someone shoots them one day.

This is the group!  It's actually the "leaders" oldest daughter who got in trouble.  I think the whole thing is rediculous.  I wanted to hit them with my truck but I didn't want to have my baby in jail.  Smart thinking eh?

• They protested the funerals of two of our friends. They are awful people who don't deserve to be called human, much less Christians.  The Patriot Guard is amazing.  They had over 300 riders show up to one of our funerals to keep the protesters hidding from family.  J and I have decided to join them after we complete our services with the Army.
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:
    They protested the funerals of two of our friends. They are awful people who don't deserve to be called human, much less Christians.  The Patriot Guard is amazing.  They had over 300 riders show up to one of our funerals to keep the protesters hidding from family.  J and I have decided to join them after we complete our services with the Army.

I'm so sorry they were at your friends' funeral.  There is a time and a place for everything and ruining a funeral is not it. Let the family and friends grieve in peace.  I commend the Patriot Guard and these "people" make me sick.  I actually went to their website and its horrendous.  They have a schedule set out which shows funerals they plan to protest at. 

• image1momma:

This. I can't stand those people. They are awful. They were supposedly going to be at Arlington on Memorial Day. Cruel, cold hearted people. 

• Unbelievable! I can not stand people like that! I'm sorry you had to see that.
  • The sick part is that they don't just go after military.  This past Sunday they were at a Catholic church saying rude things about Catholics and priests and...well I'm sure you can imagine.  I just want to throw the book at them and tell them they have no right to judge.
  • They will be protesting at Arlington National Cemetery on Oct 5th.  From their website:

Arlington National Cemetery Jefferson Davis Hwy & Memorial Dr. All roads lead to the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)! Next stop on the I-70 GodSmack Tour from WBC to DC: Arlington National Cemetery. ANC is the mother lode of dead soldiers for this nation's death watch and worship of rotten dead carcasses. That cemetery is full of dead reprobates crooks, cowards and whoremongers (and thanks to the lazy brutes that run ANC, many of those rotting carcasses now lie in a dog park with poo adorning their graves). You should put on mourning rags when you go into that place! Stop worshiping those piles of putrid dust! Here is their end: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened...and the dead were judged...according to their works...and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire, Rev. 20. No person who fears and obeys God would let their loved one be buried in that hill-of-damnation! Thank God for Dead Soldiers!

• imageiluvmytxrgr:
    They protested the funerals of two of our friends. They are awful people who don't deserve to be called human, much less Christians.  The Patriot Guard is amazing.  They had over 300 riders show up to one of our funerals to keep the protesters hidding from family.  J and I have decided to join them after we complete our services with the Army.

Yes That is awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:

I agree that the Patriot Guard is AMAZING!  In 2006 we went to the funeral of a friend at Arlington National Cemetery. The funeral procession met up at a hotel in Arlington, and the Patriot Guard was formed up outside when we arrived.  They led us through the city streets, blocking off the intersections, and did the same on the highway leading to the cemetery. Once we got closer, I could see the protesters outside the gates. The Patriot Guard got right in front of their group and were revving their bikes, so we didn't have to see or hear the protesters.  It was awesome and I would be honored to join their group as well!

• imageiluvmytxrgr:

They will be protesting at Arlington National Cemetery on Oct 5th.  From their website:

Arlington National Cemetery Jefferson Davis Hwy & Memorial Dr. All roads lead to the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)! Next stop on the I-70 GodSmack Tour from WBC to DC: Arlington National Cemetery. ANC is the mother lode of dead soldiers for this nation's death watch and worship of rotten dead carcasses. That cemetery is full of dead reprobates crooks, cowards and whoremongers (and thanks to the lazy brutes that run ANC, many of those rotting carcasses now lie in a dog park with poo adorning their graves). You should put on mourning rags when you go into that place! Stop worshiping those piles of putrid dust! Here is their end: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened...and the dead were judged...according to their works...and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire, Rev. 20. No person who fears and obeys God would let their loved one be buried in that hill-of-damnation! Thank God for Dead Soldiers!

That is beyond disgusting!  It baffles me that they are quoting the Bible to support their views.  They obviously haven't read it because last time I checked, Jesus came with a message of love and redemption.  The God I worship said the world would know we are His by our love for each other.  How do these people's actions show Christ's redeeming love?  Do they realize which side of that "judgement" they're going to be on?

On another note, I wonder if they'd be protesting soldiers' funerals if they'd ever experienced life behind the iron curtain, or life under Mussolini, or Hitler, or life in a concentration camp, or any number of places and times where freedoms were won by the blood of soldiers, American and otherwise, willing to lay it on the line so that somebody else could live without fear. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"