Nurseries and Baby Gear

Success! Uppababy Vista with 20% off coupon.

We were able to order our UppaBaby Vista at Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend using a 20% off coupon.  (yes, the fine print said it couldn't be used for Uppababy)   Thanks to the previous posters who have shared this approach, it saved us $136!

The details:  we went to the store to place our order with coupon in hand.  We decided for the potential savings it was worth taking a chance.  They didn't even read the fine print and also asked if we've found it anywhere cheaper because they were willing to price match.  We did opt to pay shipping for the ease of home delivery.  

FYI, I hadn't received coupons in the mail from BBB in months.  If you register on their website, they electronically send you a 20% off coupon for a single item.  Beware, it does have an expiration date of 2 weeks in the future.   

Hope this is helpful for anyone considering an Uppababy!  

Re: Success! Uppababy Vista with 20% off coupon.

• WOW! That's great. I do want the Uppababy, and I registered for it so that I can get the 10% completion discount. I would never even have thought to use the 20% off coupon since it does say that Uppa is excluded. I will try this. It can't hurt. Thank you!
  • We did the same thing with our Bugaboo Cameleon!!  Such a great deal.  I would have never known to do this if it weren't for helpful moms such as yourself posting things like this.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I have come up with a plan to try and acheive this. We don't mind paying the higher price but we would rather get 20% off (duh). We are gonna go next week to try it. Basically it involves going to a Bed Bath and Beyond in one town over. It's an "iffy" town and we are hoping they have "iffy" employees that really don't care about the fine print! lol Glad it worked for you!

• Yeah, I've had good luck with going into the store.  I even managed to get the extra 20% off a Chicco Keyfit 30 that was already WAY marked down (I think it was an internet return- they don't usually carry baby stuff in the stores).  Anyway, the manager was so nice and after the coupon, I got that carseat for $72!!!  He even carried it out to the car for me in the pouring rain!  This was not my usual store though- they are actually jerks about the coupons and read everything and won't honor expired ones.  So it totally depends on where you go!

• imagebisabelm:

DH and I have come up with a plan to try and acheive this. We don't mind paying the higher price but we would rather get 20% off (duh). We are gonna go next week to try it. Basically it involves going to a Bed Bath and Beyond in one town over. It's an "iffy" town and we are hoping they have "iffy" employees that really don't care about the fine print! lol Glad it worked for you!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, we went to our normal BB&B to buy our Miele vacuum which was supposed to be excluded and they just scanned the coupon without even looking too.  I think that the restrictions are probably so few and far between that they just scan away.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • thats sooo awesome!!
    image 2011
  • We bought our Uppababy at BB&B and used the 20% off coupon, no problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AWESOME!  So I go in and tell them I want to place an online order in the store and then present the coupon?  Also, do they offer free shipping if you pick it up in the store?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It worked!  Thanks for the tip!
  • Yes, just bring the coupon to the store and inform them you want to place an order.  Not sure if they wave shipping if sent to the store.  We opted for convenience to have it shipped to our home, it was $30 for shipping.   
  • Thanks so much LWD1014!  Big Smile
  • UPDATE:  It worked like a charm!  I went in and ordered it at the desk - she didn't scan the coupon and barely looked at it - just stapled it to the order and I was on my way - yay!!  Thanks sooooooooooo much for this tip! 
  • Hi there, that's so awesome, I want to buy a Vista and wont mind to get a 20% off. Have a question for you girls. We have a very small local BBB and they don't have a lot of baby gear in stock, almost nothing, do you know if I can go and place an order for a Vista stroller there? I also got a 20% off coupon from Buy Buy Baby but the closest store is 3 hrs from here.

• As far as I know none of the BB&B's carry baby stuff, at least none in MN and unfortunately we don't have any Buy Buy Baby's. I was told that in order to use the BB&B  20% coupon you have to go into a BB&B and have a sales associate order it for you - it worked for me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"