Military Families
Options

Any military wives due in Feb

-->
Hey ladies im 14 weeks Tomorrow and my hubby leaves in two weeks and wont be back till after baby is born ... im having a hard time with thinking ill be all alone all winter.  This is our first baby he will be able to come home for birth but leaves right away to go back any one eles going threw this ???

Re: Any military wives due in Feb

• Options

I'm due feb 4th.  I have a 2 year old son. DH is home right now but leaves a few weeks after the birthday and will be gone for 6 months. It's also his very first deployment. I am very nervous!!!

Hang in there!

Do you have friends or family nearby to help you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I havent personally gone through this, but I know lots of people who have.  If he waits to take leave, then you can send a message through the red cross once you go into labor.  He probably wont make it back before the birth, but he will be able to be there within days, and will get a full 2 weeks with you.  That will be considered his leave.  My friend just did this, not too long ago. He made it back about 12 hours after she was born.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm due at the end of February and I have to go back to the States alone to deliver. If DH's leave gets approved (that "if" is becoming bigger everyday due to stuff going on here) he *might* make it for the birth, but otherwise I'm on my own from ~33 weeks when I have to fly back until we get LO's passport and visa to come back, probably ~May. 

Not the same as having DH deployed, but still sucky. It'll be okay.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies glad im not the only one going threw this its going to be hard i do have some family more his family but they will be there for me i heard about calling the red cross my husband will be in training in the states so hopefully it wont take him as long to get home
  • Options
    I'm due March 2nd.  We're being stationed in Germany in November and rumor has it DH will deploy a month or two after baby is born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Options

I am due Feb 7th & this is also our first baby. He will be home for the birth, but there is talk of deployment coming up again in March. Alaska has a stupid year off, year on deployment schedule. :/

I hope that things change & he stays home. You'll be in my prayers. *hugs* 

• Options

Me!-- Almost! lol. I'm due at the end of January:) So sorry to hear that. It can be hard being alone, let alone pregnant. My hubby has to leave for a few months right after baby is born. Wish I could help more, but I'm kinda new at this whole "military wife and mama" thing. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Good luck! Hope things go well.

• Options
    DH is waiting on his sec clearance answer and then sits for the OCS board.  I'm due 2/5.  Which means DH will most likely be gone :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dh is currently "deployed" but he is stationed stateside for the deployment. So luckily he will be home for the birth of our first child, due 2/27/11!
    image.
  • Options
    I'm due 2/8. DH should be here unless he goes to MMRB and they decide to send him to school or move us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"