Pregnant after 35
Options

What should I be reading as <35 ?? I feel lost seeing the posts that have so much detail.

... Other people have posted about screenings/etc. and the numbers and test names... I've only read one book so far (The Mother of All Pregnancy Books') and I don't feel like I've gotten any detailed information from it.  Thank you so much for any suggestions (including websites).

Re: What should I be reading as <35 ?? I feel lost seeing the posts that have so much detail.

• Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!   As you get a little further along in your pregnancy (approaching the 12 week mark ) your OB will explain a variety of tests that are available, what each test can detect and what is recommended based on your age, any concerns and other risk factors.

Is there a specific pregnancy (mommy or baby) related medical condition that you are especially worried about?

• Options

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I like "Your Pregnancy week by week" by Curtis and Schuler there is a whole series of them, I also have the one Your Pregnancy After 35, but I stopped reading it as it was just freaking me out. And of course I have What to Expect When Expecting but it's one of my least favorites, it's good to have and use more like and encyclopedia as you have to look up in the index what you need to know then read bits on about 5 different pages. 

I honestly don't remember which one I learned about all the different tests etc I had as options, I'm thinking it was the over 35 one or what to expect.  I got a plethora of knowledge on websites/boards like this one just from reading posts and then googling what they were talking about. Honestly if you just google "pregnant after 35" you will get a ton of hits to start reading...IF you want. I initially did to much research and now try to stay away from it as much as possible.

I know Im long winded but I hope this at least gets ya going ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think your OB should be able to steer you in the right direction. I know that when I was 36 I only got the quad screening, but now that I am 40, I feel more comfortable getting the nt scan and testing. My midwife said not to get quad screening this time. Both times I got a pamphlet and explanation of what they were doing and why it was recommended. You can always ask what tests they have and if they are recommended.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Swrlygrl. Stick with Your Pregnancy Week by Week. You can read ahead about necessary tests and optional tests. Stay away from What to Expect...that thing will just scare you.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options

Congrat's! I agree with PP's: there is a lot of info available on line. For example, https://women.webmd.com/pregnancy-after-35?page=3

Btw, <35 means "less than 35". Are you over 35?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"