Military Families
Options

What to feed a 9 1/2 month old?

Hi there. First time mom here and I feel a little clueless as to what to feed my LO. He's not a big eater, so that is hard too. Can you girls give me an idea of what you feed or fed your LO around that time? This is what I am doing now:

He is still BF, he nurses in the morning, before each nap (X2) and before bed. For breakfast he gets a jar of fruit (stage 2) and most times some cut up banana. After nap 1 he gets baby yogurt and after nap 2 he gets whole wheat rice cereal. Then for dinner he gets a jar of veggies or veggies with meat. Through out the day he eats the gerber puffs and baby mum mums as little snacks as well. Writing it out, it doesn't seem like much, but never has fussed that he is hungry or anything. He'd much rather play than eat. His weight is in the 3rd percentile, so his ped told me he needs more carbs.....

He loves to feed himself so I would love to have some more ideas on what type of finger foods have worked for some of you at such a young age.  Thank you in advance!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: What to feed a 9 1/2 month old?

• Options
    I have no advice, but wanted to say these type of questions are posted a lot on the Babies board, you may want to also check out the 9-12 month and see what comes up! :)
  • Options

DS is 9 1/2 months and right now he eats whatever I eat.  He was never a huge fan of purees so we went to finger foods pretty fast.  He doesn't eat a lot at each meal but he tries everything I put in front of him and seems to like it all.  He hasn't really cut down on breastfeeding at all yet either. 

wholesomebabyfood.com is a good website with tons of ideas about what to feed little ones.  We started following that but DS was always more interested in my food anyway so that's what he gets now.  It's nice because I always make sure I eat healthy since I want to feed healthy meals to him!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gerber and a few of the other baby food companies make jars of soft fruit chunks.  They are usually tiny pieces of peach, pear and apple.  Try those.  My kids loved the yougurt melts.  Banana pieces are great for him.  I used to give mine macaroni noodles but cut them in half.  Give him little bite size pieces of wheat bread. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Around 9.5 months DD was really interested in finger foods. Some really easy things to offer are frozen peas (thawed in warm water), cubed peaches (I also use frozen so I don't waste anything), sliced avocados, cubed pears, and pieces of cheese (american and mozzerella are good starting points IMO).

If you are looking for more carbs, there is a type of pasta called Pastina that are small stars. I used to make that and add a jar of pureed veggies/meat/or even melted a laughing cow cheese with it.

Hope this helps... GL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"