Infertility

Femara + Ovidrel

Hi!

I am new here...after 10 months and two miscarriages, we went to the RE at the beginning of the month and this is the protocol he put me on.  I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has done this?  Any side effects from the Ovidrel?  They did an u/s last Friday and I have 9 follicles, one that was 19mm and one that was 24mm...the nurse said that was great?

I feel like I am learning an entire new language...and that I suddenly know too much about a subject I never thought I would have to.   

Re: Femara + Ovidrel

• mm29mm29 member
    Welcome!  19 and 24mm is great.  GL with this cycle :)
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Welcome!  I did the same last month (Femara+Ovidrel(Trigger)+IUI).  Your follicles sound good.  The Ovidrel can give you pregnancy like symptoms for a few days, but I didn't think it was too bad.  For me progesterone suppositories were worse for side effects (started several days after IUI).

This is an awesome place to ask questions with lots of knowledgable gals!

Good luck to you!

Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
    Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
  • Loading the player...
  •  Ovidrel always made my boobs really sore and my stomach upset.  The upset stomach lasted for a few days but my boobs would be sore for well over a week. (usually 'till AF arrived)  They are very tolerable side effects.

Good Luck and welcome to the board! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow!! 9 follicles!! That's awesome!! I don't know how many little ones I had but I had one big one (don't know size). This is my first cycle with Femara and ovidrel too and I am really nervous/excited!! I am 6 dpiui and 8dp trigger shot. I still have sore breasts and off/on cramping and had a very very faint positive hpt from the shot. I am testing until it is completely out of my system. Good luck!!
    TTC #1 since 7/09
    Dx: LPD, underdeveloped follicles, blocked left tube
    3 C/P, 1 BO, 1 Ectopic
    IVF#1=BFN (3/11)
    FET#1=BFP
  • Thank you for the great information...

when is it ok to test following my last trigger of Ovidrel?  Should I be ok on day 28?  or wait a little longer?  I don't want any false hope!

• Most people wait until at least 12 days past your ovidrel shot, personally I wait 14 days.
    Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"