Secondary IF
Options

Talked to RE about IVF plan.......

Well, I still have a few days before I can test from the latest and last IUI, but we met with our RE yesterday to discuss our plan moving forward.   Hopefully the conversation was for nothing, but I'm not really feeling any kind of pregnant, so I have a feeling we'll be moving forward.  

Once I start my period I'll need to check in and instead of giving me bcp, he'll give me some kind of estrogen pill instead.   He's worried that if he gives me the bcp, he'll also have to put me on Lovenox (blood thinner shot in my stomach) because my test results (2 rounds of them now) show that I have an increased risk for blood clots.  If he does this, then he would have to take me off of the Lovenox prior to the egg retrieval and then put me back on it after the transfer since you shouldn't be on any blood thinners during surgery so you don't bleed to death - kind of a good thing to avoid :).   During that cycle, they'll do the practice transfer as well as the sonohysterogram (or whatever that was called).  I will have to start the Lovenox as soon as they do the ET though and we'll have to continue it through the pregnancy.

Then we are on to the IVF cycle.   He's using 2 different drugs to stimulate (I know one of them was Follistim but I forget what the other was and my paper is at home) in an addition to the one that prevents me from releasing the eggs (gua......something - forgot that name too).  All 3 of those are injections - fun times :)   He's already encouraging me to put 2 back and I'm pushing for 1.   I think this is probably going to be an ongoing argument between us until it's over (and I win of course).  He's concerned about my egg quality and thinks we would have much better chances with 2.   That scares the crap out of me that they both might take.  Definitely a chance they wouldn't - but what if they did!?!?!?!!   DH and I have a lot to discuss when it comes to that, and I have a lot of convincing of Dr. S to do.  
The timing of this all if everything goes as estimated would mean that I would be doing the ER and ET at the beginning of October.  

Everyone cross their toes and fingers and whatever else you got that we don't have to go that far, but at least we have a plan if we do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talked to RE about IVF plan.......

• Options
    I truly hope you get your BFP this cycle.  Having an action plan in place is always a safe bet prior to having to make a decision under stress.  I'm routing for you!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    I do hope you do not need to put that plan into action, but it is great to know the next step if needed!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    here's to hoping that this IUI is a success.  A plan of action is good but hopefully not needed.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you have success this cycle so you don't have to move forward with that plan :) And good for you for holding your ground with your dr.  I felt like mine was pushing me towards things I wasn't ready for either. GL either way!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Fingers crossed that you don't need any of it, but I'm glad you have a plan in place!

Do you have coverage for more than one IVF?  I'd probably wait to see how your embies look before making the one vs two decision anyway, but if you have good IVF coverage going forward, I'm with you on the one. Heck, if I'd had FET coverage, I would have put them back one at a time forever!  We went back and forth on one vs two for our fresh cycle a lot.

• Options
    imageschoolsoutbride:

Do you have coverage for more than one IVF?

We have 3 cycles covered - doesn't matter if they are fresh cycles or FET, which is why I'm leaning more towards being conservative and doing 1 at a time instead of 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"