New Hampshire Babies
Options

Child Birth Classes

Has anyone taken classes at Parkland Medical Center or Nini Bambini?  I am pretty sure I want to take a class it is just hard to determine who has the best ones.

TIA

Re: Child Birth Classes

• Options

I have no personal experience with either, but if Parkland is an option, I'd take any other choice.

• Options
    Why do you say that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have few friends who took a class at Nini Bambini and they all had positive things to stay about the place. We are taking the Child Birth/Hypno class in October.
  • Options
    I've only heard bad things about Parkland. FIL's misdiagnosis lead to his death, a mistake in routine surgery for MIL lead her to be transported to a MA hospital for 2 weeks, niece was given the run around for an issue, and it lead to a year of pain and troubles, the list goes on and on.
  • Options
    We took one at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center (in Nashua). I delivered there as well, but not all of the class participants did. I thought it was a great class. I'm also a fan of Nini Bambini- I've never done classes there but just started going to one of their mom's groups and was impressed.
    Abbie 6/6/10 and DD#2 due 2/20/13
  • Options

imageLGar:
    We took one at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center (in Nashua). I delivered there as well, but not all of the class participants did. I thought it was a great class. I'm also a fan of Nini Bambini- I've never done classes there but just started going to one of their mom's groups and was impressed.

Which Mom's group are you going to?  If I could go more than a week without getting sick I still would really like to go!!

OP - I've heard a lot of great things about Nini.  We took our classes through Dartmouth Hitchcock Manchester and they were all free except the hypnobirthing.  But if you were interested in a breastfeeding or newborn care class those are no cost :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have heard the same things about Parkland... not great experiences from a couple of moms in my playgroup.  I took my classes at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center (but actually live closer to Parkland) because of what I had heard.  We loved Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and they have a beautiful new maternity floor!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagermurray:
    I have heard the same things about Parkland... not great experiences from a couple of moms in my playgroup.  I took my classes at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center (but actually live closer to Parkland) because of what I had heard.  We loved Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and they have a beautiful new maternity floor!

Agreed. Taking the classes at Southern NH now and delivering there too. Parkland is super close, but I never would have even considered that as an option.

• Options
    imageWildcatPrincess:

imageLGar:

Which Mom's group are you going to?  If I could go more than a week without getting sick I still would really like to go!!

OP - I've heard a lot of great things about Nini.  We took our classes through Dartmouth Hitchcock Manchester and they were all free except the hypnobirthing.  But if you were interested in a breastfeeding or newborn care class those are no cost :)

Working Mom's group on Saturdays - I went back to work today

Abbie 6/6/10 and DD#2 due 2/20/13
  • Options
    Nini Bambini!  We took ours there and loved it.  We were totally prepared for our birth which turned out to be very challenging.  Besides childbirth classes Nini Bambini has so many other classes and groups...I go to a couple different moms groups there and I don't know what I would do without them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"