Secondary IF
Options

***ladyowl10***

Hey there.  I read your response on your thread and I wanted to say something.  I don't know your full situation and I don't mean to pry but I think I might be able to offer some support.  

It sounds like you and your DH are not 100% on the same page (I could be wrong).  I have been dealing with the same thing since we were trying to have my DS.  DH wanted to see what happened and if it was meant to be, it was meant to be.  When we got married we talked about our desire to have kids.  However I didn't realize at the time that the question I should have been asking was "Do you want kids and what are you willing to do if there are problems"  Anyway I tried not to push the issue and respect my husbands desires.  However I got bitter and mad and resentful.  

I wish I had been firmer and more direct about what I wanted.  Although things have worked out for us and we were able to conceive (1 1/2 years after we initially had the discussion).  I still feel sad about the way things went.  Our marriage is really strong but it definitely was weakened.  In hindsight, since I wasn't okay with the plan, I wish I was more direct with him.  I also wish I had more support the first time around.  

I wanted to wish you luck with you decisions, only you know what is best for you and your family.  When I was in the REs office I saw a book called "Love and Infertility".  It was a book designed to help couples deal with everything together.  I haven't read it but it sounds like a great resource.  

I hope you know that I only shared my story to help.  I truly wish you luck. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ***ladyowl10***

• Options
    Thank you so much! You are right we aren't 100% on the same page, I think it helps that I have DD to enjoy and keep my mind off it a little. We had to trouble getting pregnant with DD and it happened very quickly, he has trouble understanding how/why things changed so much that we now are facing infertility. I hope to readdress the issue with him and explain my side to him and will look into that book that you suggested. Again thank you again for sharing your story it is nice to hear that others have had to face the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"