Adoption

Officially Adopting!!!!!

My DH and I decided this week that we are officially adopting!  We are super excited!!!!  We told our families this week and they are really excited too!  We are adopting domestically.  Our home study visit is next week.  I'm a little nervous about it, but excited to get everything started.  We plan to get an infant.  They told us the average time is 6 mths after the home study is approved.  My sister-in-law is pregnant and due in 6mths, so we might have a baby at the same time!  I can't wait to meet our child!!!

Re: Officially Adopting!!!!!

• I normally lurk here but wanted to say congrats! I hope your wait is a short one.
  • Good luck!  I love when people post that they are just starting!  It's such an exciting decision to make, and it's sooooo worth all the hoops you have to jump through when you hold your baby for the first time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!!!! It's a big and exciting step to officially start the process! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hooray! so excited for you! GL!
  • Congrats.  I look forward to hearing all about your adoption journey!
  • Good luck and Congrats! It's a very exciting time, I hope your wait is short.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • congrats i hope you have a wonderful journey to starting your family.
  • Congrats! Its great to have you here! :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome!!  I hope your wait is short and look forward to watching your journey to your child!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Welcome!  This is a great board of ladies.   Glad to have you here.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Awesome news. its always fun to keep up with the SIL's. my younger sil in on #2 and me none and its hard cuz she is 5 yrs younger!!  So really happy for you guys and cant wait to hear about your journey. We are fostering and hope to adopt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"