Rhode Island Babies

Anyone Deliver at Landmark?

Right now I'm planning to deliver at W&I, but I'm apprehensive about the size/too many patients/having to switch rooms, etc.

Anyone deliver at Landmark and/or Kent? We are in N.Smithfield, so Landmark is close, but I didnt' see any female practicioners that deliver there, which is a big deal for me for some reason.

Positive stories about W&I also appreciated!

Re: Anyone Deliver at Landmark?

• I'm also in north smithfield and thought of the ease of landmark but my midwife delivers at w&i.  I did hear some positive stories and other not so great.  But hoping for the best.  It's such a huge hospital, not my favorite choice.
  • My DH is the newest OB-Gyn at the N Smithfield / Landmark practice :)  I can tell you that they did also just hire a female.  I can't remember her name but there is one.  She is right out of residency and DH says she is really nice.  I have heard lots of good thing about delivering there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you sajigirl! I will have to look into that! I really like the idea of being close to home, and also love that they offer the LDRP rooms. Good luck to your DH!
  • I recommend delivering at W & I if its option. I delivered both of my girls there. They are very accomodating and equiped if something should happen to you or you newborn.
  • I had an extremely positive experience at W & I. I LOVED all of the nurses and didn't find the room change as an inconvenience at all. W & I has become more strict with visitors since DD and I'm grateful for that. With DD we had way too many family members and friends in our room the first night. It was too overwhelming. But that wasn't W & I's fault.

I would say either hospital would be just fine. I just like the comfort of having a hospital that specializes in delivering babies (etc), and once again, everyone who worked there (that I encountered) was fabulous!

• I know I am late with the reply, but I delivered both of my daughters at Landmark and would never go anywhere else.  Landmark was AMAZING.  When I compare my births to all my friends who went to W&I, they can't believe what mine was like.  First of all they have LDRP rooms, so you never have to move. There is no triage like W&I, my doctor called ahead, I walked up to the floor, buzzed and they let me in.  They brought me directly to my room both times and gave us time to get settled.  We had a nurse with us the entire time we were there.  I had friends at W&I who were alone for hours with no nurse or doctor.  One was even forgotten.  When my first daughter was born, she was the only baby that day so there was tons of attention.  When I wanted an epidural, I got it within 10 minutes.  They were also incredibly accommodating to family after my daughters were born.  They had set visiting hours, but as long as people were not disturbing others, people were allowed to stay as long as they wanted.  Finally, all of the rooms are private with your own shower/bathroom.  I wish more people thought of delivering there.  The small aspect of the hospital gives much more personalized service.  So, to sum it all up, unless I had a really high risk pregnancy or knew there was a problem with the baby, I would deliver at Landmark.  I just am not the W&I kind of person.  Also I have heard great things about Kent and South County that they are small with really personalize service with private rooms.  Good luck
  • I work at a hospital that delivers babies, and is affiliated with W&I, and I would never ever tell anyone to deliver anywhere other than W&I.

I had an unexpected rare complication at the very end of my labor (nothing that anyone could have predicted beforehand), during pushing, and if we hadn't been at W&I already, I don't know how things would have turned out.

If anything ever goes wrong and you are at another hospital, they will have to transfer you or baby (or both) to W&I, and from what I understand, they can only do the transfer if you are in stable condition.  The way I look at it, why not already be at one of the top hospitals in the country?  They were just ranked #26 in the country for Gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"