Health & Exercise

A Q for those who BF and exercise?

I have a low supply and I'm worried that when I get my gym pass on Friday and start exercising (I plan on doing the eliptical and abs) I will notice a dip in my already low supply. I've been working so hard to bring it up that I can't want it to go down from me trying to become healthier! Any thoughts? Thanks ladies.

Re: A Q for those who BF and exercise?

• As long as you are staying super hydrated and keeping you calories up you should be fine.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since you have a history of low supply, perhaps working with a lactation consultant/ lactation group (as you begin to workout) may help.

• Loading the player...
  • I got down to within 10lbs of my PP weight without paying attention to diet or excercise.  Finally two weeks ago I decided to ramp up my running and stop eating so much crap, and I've lost 8 lbs - all with no supply problems whatsoever.  I just make sure that I am still eating enough and staying very hydrated.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Drink a ton of water. I had low supply, too, but I was able to train for and run a half marathon while nursing. Be prepared to hold onto some pounds, though. I was very frustrated by my last 15 lbs. I didn't lose them until about 2 mo after I stopped nursing despite a really clean diet and regular running.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"