Rhode Island Babies
Options

XP: OB and Hospital Help!

With about 2 1/2 month until my due date I'm still in search of a new OB (current one in CT) - eek!

I have narrowed it down to (2) OB's:

Women's Care

The Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology

They both deliver at Women & Infants in Providence...however, Women's Care also delivers at Kent Hospital (which is a little close to where I will be living).

Can anyone share their experience with either OB, or either hospital?

Thanks!

Re: XP: OB and Hospital Help!

• Options

I have been going to Women's Care in East Greenwich/North Kingstown for 5 years now and they are just wonderful all around facility. I cant speak for OB's because I have my midwife that has been taking care of me since I got pregnant and I have always felt comfortable there.

The Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology I havent visited but I went to Center for Obstetric Medicine which is located on 100 Dudley Street that specialize in Internal Obstetric Medicine and they were fantastic.  I had to go there on behalf of my midwife's recommendation due to the fact that my creatinine levels were so high for my 1 kidney.  It was more of a referral issue than finding a new Doctor...

I wish you all the luck in the world with finding one...its just SO much isn't it? xoxoxo

Natalie

• Options

I am at the Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology and so far I like it. I moved here from Boston and only had a few visits here.  They have a really nice clean, modern facility, fully staffed with nurses and NPs, in case you have an emergency (for example a bladder infection), lab room, etc.

My appointments were always on time (love that!) and they have all ultrasound machines on-site, even for more complicated stuff that I have to get.

I am pleased with my doc so far,  but it would be premature to really tell. She definitely seems thorough. I am a little nervous about having left my doctor of 5 yrs up in Boston, and since I don't have a guarantee that any doctor in particular will be there for my delivery I have decided to rotate and meet all doctors on staff, just in case.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to the Center for OBGYN and love it.  They seem to run a tight ship, and I'm not left waiting when I'm there for an appointment.  Plenty of parking, too.
  • Options
    I went to center for OBGYN love them.  Dr Connely (sp?) is fantastic.  The only thing that could be a downside is that you probably wont have your doctor deliver you it is whoever is on call.  It wasn't a problem for me but some people like the docotr they have been seeing to deliver them.
  • Options

I've just started going to Center for OBGYN on Promenade and I really like it.  Not only do they do all lab work right there in the same building, but it is an all women staff (which for me is important).  I see Dr Boyle who, even though still youthful, is very experienced and informative.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I go to the Center for OBGYN, i love them! I see Dr, Sharp and the midwife Kiersten Crawford, they are both amazing. I was with them during my first pg and birth with dd and they were amazing!
  • Options
    I am going to a midwife at women's care.  I didn't know they delivered at kent county?!  I might have to ask at my next appt.  I do like my midwife, even though I only went for one appointment so far, I found she listened well to how I wanted to proceed with this birth compared to where I was coming from.  While the women's care office wasn't as state of the art as the one I was coming from, I definitely found them to be much better with my request for a natural birth and trust them much more.  Also, I did hear good thinks about Dr. Robert Salk, who delivers at kent county and office in warwick.
  • Options
    I have been going to Bayside obgyn since I got pg with my 1st 6 years ago, I also have a three year old and had a loss at 17 weeks in April of 09.  Everyone was great especially when we went throught the loss.  I liked delivering at W&I because it made me feel better that they have such a great nicu just in case anything went wrong.  My sister had triplets and they spent about 5 weeks in the nicu there.  The staff was so loving and professional. 
  • Options

FYI: Women's care does NOT deliver at Kent County.  Jackie Tetreault does some GYN procedures there, but all deliveries are done at Women and Infants hospital.

I'm not sure if this sways your decision or not.

Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"