Detroit Babies

Doppler Question

I think I'd like to get one - if you've bought one or researched one, which one should I look at?  Which one picks up the h/b this early?  Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Doppler Question

• I rented mine from Dynamic Doppler & it worked well around 12 weeks.
  • We bought the Hi Bebe one from amazon, and I absolutely LOVED it. I started using it pretty early, and I believe I found it the first time around 10 weeks 5 days or so.

It is very high quality, and almost identical to the medical grade ones we use at work. Highly recommend :)

https://www.amazon.com/Fetal-Doppler-Backlit-extra-lotion/dp/B000V8I3QY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1282230848&sr=8-1

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was a Sonoline B from Amazon.  I really liked it.  I found that plugging a set of earphones directly into the doppler helped me hear the heartbeat much earlier than listening through the built-in speaker.
  • We bought our Sonotrax B from Amazon.  We love it, listen to Ethan all the time, I think I heard the HB around 12 weeks on it.  You just have to be patient and NOT freak out if you can't find it...at that point, they are so little.  When they get older you can hear them kick the probe, move around, etc... too.  It's so cool.  We've gotten a lot of use from ours and wanted to own instead of rent one.  It was like $56 with free shipping and free gel at that time.
    The other man in my life
    Born 11/19/10 - 7 lbs. 4 oz. - 20.9 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I AM A PPCM (PERIPARTUM CARDIOMYOPATHY) SURVIVOR!
  • We also bought the Sonotrax B from Amazon. Best purchase ever, IMO.  It helped me stay calm in between appooitments and not worry as much.  Once I started to feel movement, we used it less...but I still use it occassionally if I don't notice as much movement on some days. 

We were able to find the heartbeats ever time we used it - it just takes some patience to find it sometimes.  I think the first time we used it I was near 14 weeks and we were able to pick up both heartbeats.

BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I first heard the HB with my hibebe at 9w! It took me a couple days after that to find it again, but I have been hearing very consistently since 9w5d :)
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"