LGBT Parenting

help me with a decision - how many inseminations this cycle?

Statistically, a second insemination in a cycle does not significantly increase the likelihood of pregnancy.

I am doing my first unmedicated IUI this cycle, likely Saturday or Sunday. 

So I was planning to do one insemination.  But then the midwife mentioned that the statistics are based on studies of the average woman to get inseminations.  She said that I am not representative of that group since I have no known fertility issues, will be using strong donor sperm, and ovulate very regularly.  In her opinion this is just a timing game.

Each insemination is a little less than $200.  The sperm as already been bought and shipped.  If I do one, it would be my second peak day, so if I do two, it would be my first peak day.  I can decide on my first peak day to schedule two or one.

Any advice? 

Re: help me with a decision - how many inseminations this cycle?

• I did back to back for both of my pregnancys. However mine were medicated ( follistim and a trigger shot).

Good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We only did one per cycle because of cost issues- the Dr. said that it doesn't increase the likelihood of success, like you said, but if we wanted to, they would. I think its a personal decision based on your situation- also we had to change donors twice because they didnt work, so doing one per cycle allowed us to identify that issue.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I did my first IUI last month.  I only tested my surge in the mornings then, and they told me to come in the following day.  I got my period 2 weeks later. 

This month, I tested both at night and morning.  Last night and this morning I had positive surge, so I called.  She told me that since I have no known fertility issues and DH and I are choosing to use donor sperm, to come in today and tomorrow. I ovulate very regularly so hopefully that helps things! So, I'll be doing it twice and hoping it works.  Mine costs $1k/per time so it's very, very expensive.  After these 2, we're up to $3k.  I'm hoping this works otherwise we'll be spending a lot of money! Oh, and all mine are unmedicated, since I have no known issues. 

Good luck! 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"