Health & Exercise
Options

Weird side effect of running?

I just started running tonight. Nothing huge. About 20-25 minutes of walking/running. It went good but when I got home I took off my socks and shoes and my feet itched sooooo bad. It was driving me crazy. Now about a half an hour later they are finally feeling okay. They still feel a little...swollen though. What gives? What is this from?

Could it be that my blood was just circulating or something? I enjoyed running but I don't want to go through that everytime I try to run.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weird side effect of running?

• Options

I'm not sure,, haven't heard of that before. I'll be running more next week since been working extra shifts,, but haven't had that experience. Maybe put some lotion or body glide on your feet so they'll remain soft and that could help.

kelly

• Options
    I get it on my thighs and they flush and itch like a mofo. It could just be elevated levels of niacin in your body
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's from friction. I get it too. I don't know what to do about your feet, but for the pp who gets it on your thighs, wear spandex shorts/leggings under your shorts. That way there is less friction when your legs rub together.
  • Options

Not sure what he itching is from, but you might want to try slathering your feet in Aquafor before you go for your runs. It will help a lot with friction. It also makes your feet really soft :)

Also, don't run in cotton socks. Go get a few good pairs of running socks. My favorites are Bal-go's, but there are a lot of good ones out there.

Happy running!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"