Philadelphia Babies
Options

pennsylvania law..

Has anyone ever heard of a law in Pennsylvania that a baby has to have a certain amount of room in the home during the first year of their life? In our apartment complex, a couple had gotten pregnant and our landlord KICKED THEM OUT because the girl was pregnant, and claimed that there is a PA law that a baby needs a certain amount of space in the home. They were forced them to come up with a new security deposit for a 2 bedroom apartment, otherwise they would have had no where to live. I've never heard of this before. My husband and I have been thinking of TTC soon, and the last thing we want is to be kicked out of our apartment (1 bedroom) mid-pregnancy.

Re: pennsylvania law..

• Options

I've never heard this.  Sounds like a scam by the landlord to get more money...

• Options
    Totally sounds like a scam- and ther person could possibly sue for discrimination
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like a scam. I'll ask my lawyer friend.
  • Options

Thanks everyone, I thought it sounded a little fishy too.

• Options
    No way is that a law.... I used to work for Montco Office of Children and Youth.  Trust me, we would be taking custody of TONS of children if that were a law.......
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work in a law firm and never heard of that as a law.  It may be an issue with the lease because some apartments restrict the amount of people living per room, like only 2 people can live in a 1br, etc.  If the landlord evicts based on that, he's a cruel SOB!!
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"