Oregon Babies

cabin fever...

YAY! I finally got a moment to get on the computer woohoo! All I ever get to do is either use the iphone or ipad, neither of which will allow me to post on here :(

Soooo, what do the SAHMs do to get out? I have some serious cabin fever, its a little difficult with only having one car, but I can take hubs to work whenever, but then I'm like "well theres nothing to do anyways" so I just let him drive. 

I feel guilty not taking Maddie out to see the world but other than groceries I have no idea where to take her. Any ideas? What did you do during this age (2 months)?

I see all the toddlers gathering and having tons of fun together and I am super jealous, but my LO can't even hold her head up very well!! Boo. But I'm not rushing her to grow up!! lol

Thanks!
Jessica

Re: cabin fever...

• I totally remember feeling that exact way when Ryn was only a few months old.  I didn't know anyone here because I'd just moved here, and I felt stuck at home all of the time.  Then I met these girls and I started going to playgroups, even though my little girl just sat in her carrier while the other kids played. It was good for me just to get out and chat with other moms and vent!  Maddie will be interactive before you know it and you'll be chasing her around.  It is totally hard when your child doesn't "play" yet, but you should still come to the playgroups!  We have been going to Munchkin Playland and there are some moms that come with tiny babies in carriers.  Just come and get coffee!  Getting out of the house totally helps.
  • I definitely remember that feeling! I was a SAHM for the first 7 months and it just about drove me crazy.

I took DD to the grocery store a LOT, sometimes just to buy one thing, simply so that we had something to do that day. We went for at least one walk a day. I connected with another mom (through our birth class) with a daughter the same age, and we?d meet at different parks around town for walks. If it were raining, we?d go to Ikea or a mall. It was really nice to see different areas and to chat with someone. I?d get so lonely by myself all day! We weren?t going to be BFF or anything, but the relationship worked really well for that time.

Libraries have free group readings and other events. There?s Mommy Matinees at McMenamins. If you are in NE, Milagros has mother groups. I was intimidated to go to a playgroup with a newborn, but in retrospect I really wish I had. As a mom of a toddler, I would completely understand!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh Jess! You know you can ALWAYS come over here or come with us on our adventures out and such. That's not even a question. None of us care how old Maddie is. She's fun to look at and we like talking to YOU! Smile Please don't ever feel like just because she's younger you can't come join us. Also, if you don't feel like getting together with other people you should go to the Mommy Matinee at the Kennedy School in Portland. It's really cool. You get to see a movie and not worry about your baby because it's all moms with their babies so nobody cares if there's crying! It's great. My outings were really limited when Kayleigh was that young too. I went to Target and to the mall and the zoo. Let me know if you ever want to do anything. You have my number, address, facebook etc! Wink
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagesoontobe05:
    Oh my gosh Jess! You know you can ALWAYS come over here or come with us on our adventures out and such. That's not even a question. None of us care how old Maddie is. She's fun to look at and we like talking to YOU! Smile Please don't ever feel like just because she's younger you can't come join us.

THIS!! You should totally come hang out sometime! When I first started going to playgroup, Lana slept the whole time and couldn't sit or play or anything much. Now she is all over the place and that felt just like yesterday. But, it was great for me to get out and socialize some and it's especially great because Lana has friends now and I have made some great friends too! Come hang out! :) It will help you keep you sanity. We are all moms too so we totally get it.

• imagesoontobe05:
    Oh my gosh Jess! You know you can ALWAYS come over here or come with us on our adventures out and such. That's not even a question. None of us care how old Maddie is. She's fun to look at and we like talking to YOU! Smile Please don't ever feel like just because she's younger you can't come join us.

THIS!! You should totally come hang out sometime! When I first started going to playgroup, Lana slept the whole time and couldn't sit or play or anything much. Now she is all over the place and that felt just like yesterday. But, it was great for me to get out and socialize some and it's especially great because Lana has friends now and I have made some great friends too! Come hang out! :) It will help you keep you sanity. We are all moms too so we totally get it.

• Don't know why that posted twice...
  • Awww thanks so much ladies! I would LOVE to join you next time! What time do you normally gather? Where is munchkin playland? It would really be awesome to see you again, its been so long and all your darling LOs are getting bigger and I want to see them again too!! :)

Hooray! Plans! Yes

Ok time for some sleep! 

• Things I did when I was on mat leave... "mommy matinees" at the Kennedy School, walk the mall, long walks outside, "playdates" with my other new Mom friends, meet up for lunch with girlfriends.

Also, guess what?  You CAN nest from your iphone!!!  Just go to "settings"  then scroll down to "safari", then move "javascript" to OFF.  And bingo!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hehe Awesome! It works! Thanks!!! I had no idea.
  • imageThe_Jen626:

Also, guess what?  You CAN nest from your iphone!!!  Just go to "settings"  then scroll down to "safari", then move "javascript" to OFF.  And bingo!!

You are awesome. Thanks for that! It had been driving me crazy too! Smile 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • You're welcome ladies!!

Also, to do paragraphs, you have to put <p> for every line.  It sucks.  That's why most of my posts on here lately are long, one paragraph essays...LOL...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Jess! My name is Jessica also! I live in Hillsboro and my little one was 2 months on the 14th. I'm not a SAHM but I do have Fridays off! Would love to meet someone else too. I feel the same way about our iPad and my iPhone as well as seeing all the toddler outings.

Lets try and connect!

Jessica

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"