Military Families
Options

anyone live on base at Lackland?

We currently live off base now but we were just informed our rent is going up $200 more a month. So we have to make a decision. Dh will be deployed come early next year, so it would only be me and the kids for half the year, then we could move back off base. I think I would feel safer on base too. Not that our area is bad, I just miss the security on living on base like we did in alaska. Dh worked overnight shifts a lot and I never really worried.

I couldn't seem to find how big the houses are. I know there are some newer houses and some older ones.

anyway, if anyone lives on base I'd love to see how you like it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone live on base at Lackland?

• Options
    Have you tried contacting housing?? They should be able to send your hubby a link to access the floorplans and such on the portal. Also, you should be able to view what they have available right now (or what will be when you're planning on moving in). Rent going up bites! But, I agree with you on feeling safer on base. Being off base (even in a nicer area) during deployments is the pits. I hated it last summer! Our next base we will most definitely be living on, not off! HTH and GL!

BFP 9/8/10... D&C 10/18/10
    RIP Angel Bear We will always love and miss you xoxo

BFP 10/7/2011; EDD 7/15/12 - STICK BABY STICK!!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

we are stationed at fort sam...and there is no way its safer to be on that post, lol...anyone can get on post as long as they have a drivers license...

its hotter than the surface of the sun down here btw, lol...we live right between 35 and 10 off rittiman and 78...we like this area, and we have a 3 bed.2 bath for only 895 a month....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"