Philadelphia Babies

attn: moms

what was your #1 "must-have" baby item? and your #1 "waste of money" item? i'm registering this week and just want to see what i cannot forget about and what i can leave off. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: attn: moms

• Must haves: pack and play, stroller, car seat, breast pump Leave off: bottle warmer/ sterilizer
  • Must have: JJ Cole Bundle Me (for fall or winter babies), and a Baby's first year calender (so much easier to fill in than a baby book).

• Loading the player...
  • My baby has been home for 2 weeks now- and the following have been lifesavers:

- Fisher Price Rock N Play sleeper- baby naps in living room in this- great place to put him down

- Moby wrap

- Tommy Tippee Milk Catching bibs

- Itzbeen baby timer

- lots of musical little toys

- grooming kit with nasal aspirator, nail files, etc...

- Medela steam bags- great for sterilizing bottles, pacifiers, etc... without taking up space for sterilizer on counter

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My must haves were a good stroller, double electric breast bump, bouncer, swaddleme's and boppy pillow.  With #2, having a good carrier (I used a bjorn and then a BabyHawk) was huge

Things that were a waste for me personally - lots of fancy new baby clothes (the kids lived in sleepers and onesies in the beginning - easy on and off), a swing, bottle and wipe warmers, exersaucer

When both kids were born we were living in a small place in the city, so space issues were definitely a concern for us. We tried to eliminate as many unnecessary things as possible.

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Pack n play w/bassinet & changing table attachments
    Bouncy seat - MUST MUST MUST HAVE. Some babies need the bells/whistles, some are fine w/o them
    Swing - didnt have at first, wish I did when I got one.
    Playmat for tummy time ( we have FP rainforest mat)
    Grooming kit - nail files/clippers and aspirator at the least.
    Humidifier - doesnt need to be fancy, but stick w/cool mist, not hot.
    Eucalyptus oil for a natural way to clear nose/sinuses
    Mylicon for gas
    Snap n go stroller and umbrella stroller. Travel systems just arent worth it. They look nice, but no real value (and the strollers are heavier)
    If you're BF'ing and have to go back to work - I had to at 8 wks - definitely rec a double electric pump. Dont get a cheap one, the extra money is WELL SPENT. Also stock up on lanolin cream for you. 
    Find what works for you as far as bottles - although the entire aisle scared me. We liked the bent-neck (Evenflo?) when DS was tiny, drop ins are good too, but if LO has a lot of gas - Dr Browns Bottles (expensive cost, but priceless in terms of helpfulness)
    Liked the freshwater tub (dirty water flows out/clean flows in) but kind of pricey - register for it.
    Find a used Bumbo - not worth buying new.
    Dont get a big highchair - used is fine too.
    We just put a changing pad on top of a sturdy dresser. Diapers go in a nice basket that sits next to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"