Health & Exercise

How do you get motivated?

When I don't feel like working out, just making myself do it for my baby is enough motivation to get my ass going, but sometimes, honestly, I need a little extra push... How do you get yourself motivated on days you just want to lay on the couch??

Also...on days I feel like doing nothing and have used up all of my energy going for a jog,  I often feel so guilty because I didn't use my energy doing something with my 2 year old daughter instead!!  Does anyone else get these guilty feelings??  

Re: How do you get motivated?

• I have great respect for you continuing to workout while pregnant and with a two year old! I don't have a two year old, and I have trouble as it is! FWIW, I try to tell myself that every day I work out now buys myself more downtime with baby after he/she is born. I also will make a deal with myself that if I still don't feel like working out after 20 minutes of doing whatever it is I am planning to do a specific day, I can stop. The vast majority of the time I keep going, but even if I stop at 20 min, at least I've done something. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What's going to keep me motivated is the Chocolate Milk that I'm going to buy, non-fat, to have after I work out, since it'll give my body the nutrients that i'll need and the baby will also have good recovery!

Oct half and two tris at the end of the year are also good motivators as well as my DH's first half ironman 3 weeks after baby is born. I do need to push self at times, and try to remember that I feel so much better after I work out. I do have 2 dogs that need thier walks daily, so that also helps.

kelly

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"