Babies: 3 - 6 Months

NBR: cleaning service?

For those of you who have a cleaning person come to your house, how much do you clean before they come? And what kinds of things do they do? How often do they come?

My grandma is sending over her cleaning lady tomorrow, and I'm so excited! But I'm also a little embarrassed because deep-cleaning has been neglected (or at least lower priority) since LO arrived. I don't really want to clean the house before she comes to clean the house, but I also don't want it to look like we've been living in squalor!  I mean, we keep the place tidy, but I know our floors are nasty, and the tub needs to be scrubbed, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: cleaning service?

• Yay! I have a cleaning lady come every 2 weeks.  She charges $50 to do the floors, dust and polish everything including cabinets, and deep cleans bathrooms.  I am thinking of having her start to add washing the sheets because I hate doing it and shes there long enough that she could wash, dry and put them back on. 
    Krissy and Craig
    Mr. & Mrs. as of May 23, 2009
    Parents to Baby Jack as of March 4, 2010
    and Bobbi Claire June 7, 2012
  • I don't clean - I straighten up, organize, get clutter out of the way, get dishes out of the sink, etc because I want them to focus on deep cleaning and not picking up toys or mail or toiletries all over the bathroom.  I only have my service every other week so my house is grungy when they come.  They dust, vacuum, wash my hardwoods, deep clean bathrooms & kitchen, change my bed sheets, take out all the garbage.  I wouldn't worry about how clean it is - that's why they are there. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I just make sure everything is picked (clothes/toys/etc off the floor, no dishes in the sink, etc). She comes every two weeks and dusts, cleans bathrooms and kitchen, vacuums, wipes up trim and hardwood floors. She charges me $80 per visit and is worth every penny!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • Our cleaning service  comes every 2 weeks. We try to pick things up (toys, mail, dishes), but don't actually clean anything. They vacuum (major chore with 3 shedding pets), wash the hardwoods, deep clean the bathrooms and kitchen and dust. They charge $105, which isn't bad for out area. They are reliable and done in 1.5 hours (there's 2 people that clean feaverishly and don't even talk to each other)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"