Florida Babies
Options

Any baby/toddler play groups in Brandon Area?

Just wondering if we have any play groups in Brandon?

Re: Any baby/toddler play groups in Brandon Area?

• Options
    I've been wanting to find a play group as well.  I'm thinking about starting one but I've never been to a play group so I don't really know what goes on.  I'm about 30 minutes south of Brandon but I'm willing to travel.  If you don't mind could you let me know if you find one?  Thanks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think maybe we should start one. I did a playgroup when I lived in Boca Raton, FL. It was fun. However, the only hard part is finding people who you can trust. In Boca we used to meet one day a week at someone's home, and that person would supply the food, and drinks. Can be as simple as fruit, cheese and crackers, and ice tea etc. Older sibling could play, and the babies could do tummy time, or even art projects depending on who was leading the group for that day. We had a few eductors in the group. It was fun, and we also would swap clothing, talk about nursing, husbands etc. Sometimes, we even would meet at the Zoo, or Park. We even did a night out where husbands would stay home and the mom's would go out to dinner.

Jillian

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That does sound like fun.  Where could we find more people?  I have one friend with a 4 month old but she lives in North Port and I don't know if she would want to drive up here.  When are play groups usually held.  I'm a sahm so most any time is good for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am also a SAHM so anytime works for me as well. I do contract work, so sometimes I have meetings etc. But for the most part I am open. In Boca I think we usually got together around 10:30ish for about 90 mins. Sometimes longer during the summer as the teachers were off and we could spend time at the pools etc. We didn't pay any fees etc, many of the ones that I have found charge fees etc. Never really understood that:)

I guess we could post on here that we would like to start a playgroup and see who would want to do it?

Jillian

• Options
    Go to www.meetup.com and do a search for brandon playgroups. There are a couple in the area, but they seem to be a little selective. Some of them will only accept you on referral from someone who is already a member, but there were a few others that were more open. As a working mom, a playgroup doesn't really work for me but good luck finding one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Most of the mommies in the Tampa area hang out on the West Coast Florida Nest board. 

We have a monthly GTG on the weekend and some of the mommies GTG on the weekdays.  We also have GTG without LOs each month.

• Options
    Before I went back to work, I belonged to a mom's group in Brandon. Here is the link https://www.meetup.com/ActiveMoms-KiddiesOfBrandon/?a=socialmedia. It was a ton of fun and they always have all kinds of fun activities going on. Best part, it's only $5 to become a member.
    ~Jessica~ "Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away" ~Uknown "You don't marry the person you can live with...you marry the person you can't live without." ~Uknown
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    An angel opened the book of life and wrote down my baby's birth, Then she whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth." ~Unknown We lost our "Squishy" to a m/c on 10/06/2010. He/she went to heaven with my Dad and our Heavenly Father.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"