North Dakota Babies
Options

**Shannon**

I took your advice and bought some organic veggies for Austin and they were a big hit. We were so happy that I had to document the occasion!! I also bought him a set of "big boy" utensils.

Nicole and Michael~Las Vegas~May 31, 2008

Re: **Shannon**

• Options

Yay!  I'm so glad!  I can't figure out what's so magical about veggies - I wish I loved them as much as she does. 

Right now she's munching down on roasted carrots and fennel.  Fennel!?!  We had it last night for dinner and she loved it so much she's having leftovers. 

Now if I can just get her to use her utensils like Austin.....

• Options

Don't let the pictures deceive you, he only plays with his utensils!!!

I more or less positioned that fork in his mouth for a photo opt Wink

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alexa wont touch a veggie. What are these magical organic veggies all about? Any certain brand? I would really feel better if I could get her to eat more veggies ;)
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Options

imagelindeenwedding:
    Alexa wont touch a veggie. What are these magical organic veggies all about? Any certain brand? I would really feel better if I could get her to eat more veggies ;)

I use the magical ones in the big bags from Costco. Wink Which just happen to be organic.  The ones I've bought are the broccoli and the 4 veggie blend (corn, peas, beans and carrots.)  With the blend, it seems like each time she eats them she has a favorite that she eats first.  Sometimes the beans, sometimes the carrots. 

Something else she loves is green beans straight out of the can - not even heated up.  She will eat more than half the can herself. 

• Options

imagelindeenwedding:

Another thing I've heard that people do is "hide" the veggies in other foods.  Like adding pureed carrots or other veggies to spaghetti sauce. 

• Options
    imageludyjanboltz:

imagelindeenwedding:

I use the magical ones in the big bags from Costco. Wink Which just happen to be organic.  The ones I've bought are the broccoli and the 4 veggie blend (corn, peas, beans and carrots.)  With the blend, it seems like each time she eats them she has a favorite that she eats first.  Sometimes the beans, sometimes the carrots. 

Something else she loves is green beans straight out of the can - not even heated up.  She will eat more than half the can herself. 

Wow that's amazing that she loves them so much! I will have to buy some of those on my next Costco run. Maybe offering a blend which gives her "choices"  will help.

~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Options

I also bought the 4 veggie blend. I think it had carrots, green beans, peas and corn. He only ate the carrots and green beans.

They were the perfect size for him to pick up and feed himself.

• Options
    imageladybugg82:

He only ate the carrots and green beans.

Caroline eats the green beans like they are edamame - sort of pulls them through her teeth.  haha, she loves them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"