Oregon Babies

what do you pay your babysitter

Hello!  We are searching for a new babysitter for date nights and was wondering what everyone pays their sitters per hour?  We have 1 child who is super easy going and is 11 months.  Thanks!!!

Re: what do you pay your babysitter

• We use a nanny service and pay them $12/hr, and for our "family friend" that is 23 years old, we pay her $10/hr.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a family friend who is 17 and charges $8/hr and another who is 22 and charges $7/hr.  I can give you names and phone numbers if you want.  I have a hard time just leaving little man with anyone but I have known the 17 year old since she was little (she calls me her aunt) and the 22 year old since she was like 10.  I totally trust them with my baby.  They also have their criminal history background checks because they also work at a daycare.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I currently just look after a 3 year old like 1-2x a month at 8.50/hr. It use to be 7/hr but I earned a raise ^.^ didn't think that was possible. I went into babysitting on the side without knowing what to ask for, so I let the parents decide. The 3 year old is hooked on his educational puzzles/games and hardly requires anything but some water, food and a little bit of the park. I sometimes think I get paid to much to just hang out with him. I get paid to have fun! hehehe best job on earth. I get to go to the zoo and children's museum!! 

When looking for babysitters make sure they have CPR all ages, experience and references. If you get to negotiate the pay rate, mention that you use to pay your last babysitter a certain rate that she was satisfied with. You can make that up because I totally believe that stuff. You can tell me 5 bucks and I'd go with it.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • One of DD's teachers at DC is 20 years old and watches DD on occassion for $10/hr

• imageFelena:

If you get to negotiate the pay rate, mention that you use to pay your last babysitter a certain rate that she was satisfied with. You can make that up because I totally believe that stuff. You can tell me 5 bucks and I'd go with it.  

lol. good to know. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"