Postpartum Depression
Options

Finally feeling like a MOMMY

So weeks ago I wrote on her scared out of my mind. I couldnt sleep, eat or enjoy LO. I went on Zoloft and then switched to Prozac while adding an anti-anxiety med( in which I stopped BF which I still beat myself over). Let me just say my mommy hood is finally changing. I now can relax enough to take a nap with my LO once a day (I could barely sleep nights before), I feel confident driving her and am finally eating again.

So basically I Know I am NOT NEAR over it. It will and could be harder today or the next but finally I look at my daughter and not just know I love her but feel it too. Thank u god. May have taken therapy and many doc appointments plus meds but things ARE better. 

So girls stick in there. It may not be tomorrow and one day can go from good to bad but I was what my doc considered a severe case (Im just lucky I caught it early).

So if you think you may have or are avoiding it..........DONT!! Get help. Enjoy your baby. And I may be back tomorrow with a million worries but at least I get a few good days in there. Good luck to everyone. The battle with PPD can be won though. You just have to really try!! 

Remember Love conquers all!! 

Re: Finally feeling like a MOMMY

• Options
    Thats awesome! I have been following this board, having so much experience with depression. and I have noticed all of your post's. I'm so glad that everything is getting better!
  • Options
    I am glad you are doing better.  I lurked on here a week or so ago and saw your post.  I had really bad PPD so I know how hard it is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad that you are feeling better! It took me about 2-3 weeks (with prozac) to feel like myself again. Thank God you are hopefully out of the woods.
  • Options
    I cant thank everyone enough for their support. Its just nice to know it really does start to go away....seems like it wont, but it will!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"