Pregnant after 35
Options

Calories allowed per day

I have seen many variations about the number of calories you should consume in a day while pregnant.  Does anyone have a good source for this and how many calories are/should be allowed? 

Thanks............

Re: Calories allowed per day

• Options
    I am curretnly on an 1800 calorie a day diet precribed by my nutritionist for my GD. But in general I believe you only need an extra 300 a day while pregnant and 500 a day while breastfeeding.  That's what I went by before although I am not a big calorie counter at all, I just hate math. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have read that in your first trimester, you really only need to bump up your intake by 100 calories - which can be a piece of fruit. In your second and third trimester, it's 300.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ask your OB.  I asked mine when I was first pg.  She told me I needed to eat 2000 cal a day- but I am expecting twins... I now need to eat about 3000 calories a day uuggg.
  • Options
    1500-1800 a day depending on your activity levels. If you are much more active then you can get away with more calories.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options

I found out about mypyramid.gov on babycenter last week which is provided by the USDA and geared toward expecting moms. You can personalize it based on height and weight.

Hope this helps.

Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • Options
    Thanks.....this site was a big help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"