Texas Babies
Options

New SAHM

Hello ladies, I'm new at this stay at home thing. Today was my last day in the military after 8 yrs and i'm 22 weeks pregnant and my hubby doesn't want me to work. This pregnancy has been a little rougher than the last one so i understand his concerns. Besides being pregnant i have a 5yr old and a 22 month old. I just don't know what to do with the rest of my time and the heat don't help. Did i mention that we have been here for 3 wks from Anchorage Alaska, so you can see my problem. What to do????

Re: New SAHM

• Options
    Hi!  I just moved here from Dallas and I am a SAHM.  I actually told my boss yesterday that I would not return from maternity leave.  I am so jealous that you got to live in Alaska!  I know the heat is not my friend either.  I would take my little one to the mall, they have those play areas that are free and you can just window shop to get out of the heat.  Have you checked some of the meetups on meetup.com?  I joined Childs Play SA, but I haven't gotten to go to any of the playgroups.  They have activites almost everyday.  Welcome to Texas!
    Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Options

I learned about an indoor playground today that is supposed to be neat! Ages 1-10 $5 per child:

https://www.justaddchildren.com/information.html

i plan on taking DD soon! There is also a Children's Museum here. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesheenaj1983:

Hello ladies, I'm new at this stay at home thing. Today was my last day in the military after 8 yrs and i'm 22 weeks pregnant and my hubby doesn't want me to work. This pregnancy has been a little rougher than the last one so i understand his concerns. Besides being pregnant i have a 5yr old and a 22 month old. I just don't know what to do with the rest of my time and the heat don't help. Did i mention that we have been here for 3 wks from Anchorage Alaska, so you can see my problem. What to do????

dude! I just moved from anchorage also!

We were at elmo for 3 years. Ok so I've been here since october but still.

We can relate about one thing at least!  I have a 2 year old if you ever need some company and want to get the kiddos together!  Is your 5yr old in school? I work 3 days a week to give ds time at school and met to get out of the house. I went stir crazy as a sahm.

Let me know if you need anything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTonya&Cody:

I learned about an indoor playground today that is supposed to be neat! Ages 1-10 $5 per child:

https://www.justaddchildren.com/information.html

i plan on taking DD soon! There is also a Children's Museum here. 

omg, thank you for posting that link! That place looks amazing! I found the museum a bit too old for ds. But that was last year. This place looks awesome! I'm taking ds there next thursday for sure! (my day off)! yay!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No problem! I got SO excited when I saw the website too! Maybe we will run into you then. Next thurs sounds like a good day b/c DH is off to help me chase after her (i bit hard at 32wks preggo)!!
  • Options

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post. I just haven't known what to do since i been on transition leave from the Army and with my husband working and not being real close to family. I am still adjusting and my oldest starts school next week not sure i'm ready to let him go. He has been so excited about kindergarten.

Thanks again

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"