3rd Trimester
Options

Which dress? I'm so vain...sigh...

I hate all maternity dresses.  I think they make you look huge.  So I have been desperately trying to find something flattering for my 2 showers, one 8/29 and one on 9/19.  At this point I will just wear the same dress because I'd rather wear one I like than 2 I don't. 

I had found a cute skirt at Nordstrom.com but now it's only available in L and XL, and I'm pretty sure that will be too big.  So I'm back to square one.

My boobs are huge.  So I'm trying to decide--dress #1 has a band below the bust, which should be minimizing.  But the neckline is high, which can make the boobs look bigger.

#2 has nothing to minimize the bust, but a lower neckline.

WDYT? 

-OR-

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Which dress? I'm so vain...sigh...

• Options
    I really like the bow on #1, but would ultimately choose #2.
  • Options
    #2, the neckline on #1 is too high for my liking
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    #1! I like it!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I have tried on dress #2 before.  I am larger chested and very conscious of low necklines.  This neckline was actually farily high and high enough that I didn't need a cami underneath, which is saying a lot for me.  That said, the style really looked terrible on me.  It just looked wierd. 

• Options
    Nice dresses! I would say #1 seems better for a shower, although I love the second one too!
  • Options
    SORRY! I take back my vote! I was looking again and #1 is VERY fall or winter. and looking at your dates, you will prob be better off in #2 although I do like #1 better if it was winter. UGH. sorry.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I like #2 the best. I think #1, especially if you have a larger chest is borderline frumpy and looks more like a fall/winter dress to me.
  • Options

I don't love either. How about this:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3013530/0~2376776~2374327~6005194~6005228?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005228&P=1

or this:

https://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?product_Id=856500022&MasterCategory_Id=MC3

How dressy is your shower? I don't like maternity dresses and I just wore good jeans and a nice top to mine. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Seems like #1 might give someone a better figure than #2 but that's just my opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like number one and I think you should make this a clicky poll.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

With my personal experience, the bow would accentuate the boobs, therefore yet another reason you would want to steer clear of #1.

With #2, since there's no clear definition to the shape of the body, I worry that this dress will make you look frumpy rather than cute and pregnant. But, I have big boobs and big hips with a smaller waist (not much smaller, but it is smaller), and cannot wear overalls without looking like a cow rather than a cow farmer.

So, I have to go with SlyWil. Option #3: a non-mat maxi dress. If you get one that is a halter with an empire waist you can tie the top tight to hold your boobs in place and keep you from feeling like your boobs are competing with the size of your belly, as well as show off your bump.

• Options

If you are tall and thin (everywhere but the bump) I would vote for #2 because I like the look of it and it is different than your typical wrap-style maternity dress.

If you are line me (shorter, and less super skinny at the moment) then I would go with #1 because it will be more flattering on more body types.  I have a gray dress VERY similar (the neckline on my dress is a bit lower) and it has been wonderful.

• Options

If you are tall and thin (everywhere but the bump) I would vote for #2 because I like the look of it and it is different than your typical wrap-style maternity dress.

If you are like me (shorter, and less super skinny at the moment) then I would go with #1 because it will be more flattering.  I have a gray dress VERY similar (the neckline on my dress is a bit lower) and it has been wonderful over the course of 2 pregnancies now.

• Options

I personally like #2 better

• Options
    number 1 is too heavy for an August shower.  So I would pick number 2. 
  • Options
    I love #1. It's super cute in that Mad Men sort of way. But... I think if you're worried about a boob take-over, then I would go with #2.

• Options

I like the details on #1 best. If you aren't trying to accentuate your chest, I would go with #2, it just seems bland.

Both are cute though, so it's a toss-up :)

• Options
    From another pregnant chick with huge boobs - I'd go with # 2.
  • Options
    If number 2 is from Gap, it has a really weird fit and is not flattering.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think #1 will make your boobs look bigger (at least mine would look like watermelons in that).  I like the second but it look short to me.  Personally, I am uncomfortable in shorter dresses at this point.  Keep in mind, it's a bit hard to keep your legs closed when you are opening presents. 

Gap had a ruffled neck dress a while ago that I loved.  Do they still have it?

Too bad about the skirt, it was so cute.  I've seen that brand elsewhere though.  Have you googled it.  It was maternal america if I was right?  I'm bored.  I'll look.

• Options
    I totally love the orange Olian from Nordstrom.  I have a couple of pieces which are Olian and I love them!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"