Baby Showers
Options

Shower at your own house?

My best friend is hosting my shower for me, which I greatly appreciate.  However, she lives in an apartment right now and there's not enough room for the guests to be at her home.  She is on a tight budget so paying for a location is really out.  She suggested that I have it on my own house...saying that that way the presents would all be there and you wouldn't have to move them, etc.  This seems a little tacky to me, I'm not sure why but I don't feel comfortable with it.  Does this seem like bad etiquette or am I just over thinking it?

Another option I can think of would be at my mom's house...but I've also heard that mother's shouldn't be involved...although she would not be the host, having it at her house def. involves her! 

What do you think of either of these two options?

Re: Shower at your own house?

• Options
    I'm having one of my showers at my house.  I don't think its a big deal.  As long as someone helps to clean up the mess I'm cool with it.  I'm comfortable in my own home, and as your friend mentioned, I won't have to load presents up and then pack them in the house. 
  • Options
    I dont see a problem with it. My friends were going to have one at my house since its between my family and my friends. Then my mom said that she is throwing it so now we are all heading to her house instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see NO problem w/ this what so ever.  If my house were bigger, I would have ASKED for it to be done at my house!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I see no problem with this.  However I should add that my shower was this past weekend at my house.  It was so nice not to have to go somewhere and my Mom made sure all the decorations were up.  Plus the only place I need to take the gifts to is up the stairs to the nursery. 
  • Options
    I think it's fine to have it at your home or your mother's home. Perhaps a stranger would scoff, but I don't think friends and family would.
  • Options
    I think it's fine and then everyone could see the nursery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine will be at my house.  I am having several friends fly in from out of state and wanted them to be able to see the nursery.  Plus, my best friend who is hosting has 4 kids and during their nap time was the most convenient time for the shower, but obviously that wouldn't be convenient to have everyone at her house while the kids are napping.  It all around just made completely more sense to have it at my house.  To be perfectly honest, it didn't even occur to me that it could be considered bad ettiquette.  I just figured it was convenient.
  • Options

Its not an issue to have it your house.  I've had plenty of friends do it at their house...with their mother's involved!  Which will be the case in my situation. 

If people are put off about your showering being at your own house then they have the issues!

Besides who wants to lug all the presents your gonna get home from somewhere else!?!?  haha

Also known as *BreeBree13* Stupid bump keeps logging me in under my old name!
  • Options

I've been to a lot of baby showers that were held at the Mommy-To-Be's house.  It's much easier, because then you don't have to load up all the gifts and drive them home and then get everything set up.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My friends has a shower for me and it was held at our house.  I didn't think it was tacky at all; my best friend who was the hostess lived in another state so it just made sense to have it at my house.

I was glad because I could show off the nursery to everyone and not worry about transporting gifts.  It worked out great, I would highly recommend having it at your house.

If your home has the room why not?

• Options
    I've been to quite a few in home baby showers. I don't think it is weird, and I'd like having people over, as long as people are there to help set up and clean up!
  • Options
    I don't see a problem but if it bugs you then look at having it at your church. That should be way cheap or free.
  • Options

If it were possible, I would have mine at my house, but we live in an apartment.  I think it is much more convenient than any other location.  BUT, if YOU are not comfortable with it, it may not be the best choice for you.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One of my showers was held at my home, because of the reason you mentioned. One hostess didn't have enough space at her place & the other 2 lived out of town. There is nothing tacky about it IMO.
  • Options
    i had mine a my house and it turned out fine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"