Baby Showers
Options

XP: Shower Invite ?

I was asked to get an invite list together for my shower so they can get an idea of how many people in order to figure out where to have it. 

So here is my ? - Where I work there is only 6 other women. I want to invite our HR girl who I'm close to at work. That would mean I would need to invite her mom and sister who also work here, not a big deal I talk to them all. 

So since I'm inviting 3 of the 6 should I invite the other 3 who I'm not close with? Also if this makes any difference 1 of them is the owners daughter, 1 is best friends with the owners wife, and the other works closely with the 3 I was going to invite.

WWYD? Thanks

Re: XP: Shower Invite ?

• Options
    I would invite them ... since it's such a small office ... I bet feelings would be hurt which might make it awkward for you at work. Since you're not close to the other three, they may opt not to come to the shower. But, I think you're best bet is an all or nothing policy. Best of luck! And congratulations! 
  • Options

I honestly don't get the arguement, when it comes to people you AREN'T close to, that "feelings could be hurt".

Call me crazy, but my feelings have never been hurt to NOT be invited to a GIFT GIVING event where I need to show up and give a gift to someone I hardly know and THEN sit there and watch them open a ton of gifts....

That's what we're talking about here.  This is a SHOWER.  Not a party.  To invite a person is to say "bring me a gift" and because of that, I feel people should be conservative about hwo you invite, and I'm a pretty strong believer that it needs to be people you are CLOSE too.

I would invite only the 3 and quite honestly, I would just tell them quietly that they are being invited but you ask that they not talk about it in the office.  If you are relatively close to them - you should be able to say this to them.

Quite honestly- I dont' even think inviting the one girl means you "have" to invite her mom and sister.  I can understand why you are, but I don't feel it's "have to".

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would invite them all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would invite them all as well.
  • Options

I would just invite them...and save some feelings. Also, it doesn't seem like you don't like them...so I would just invite them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks Everyone.

I think I'm just going to go ahead and invite everyone to spare any feelings. I like everyone I work with I'm just not close to them, but this way I spare everyones feelings and I leave it up to them.

• Options
    invite them all if you dont mind them coming, xtra gifts for youStick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"