Oregon Babies

Beaverton Park suggestions

Hey girls! I am starting to plan DD's first birthday. I am pretty sure I want to have it at a park since there will be a lot of kids coming. My house is definitely too small. So, I am looking for a park, preferably in the Beaverton area or not too far into Portland/Hillsboro/Tigard. I need a place with a covered area just in case it rains.TIA!

Re: Beaverton Park suggestions

• Rood Bridge Park in Hillsboro is really nice.  https://www.ci.hillsboro.or.us/Parksrec/ParksnTrails/RoodBridgePark.aspx

This is the link for all of the Hillsboro parks and the ones in yellow have shelters.  

https://www.ci.hillsboro.or.us/Parksrec/ParksnTrails/Parks_n_Trails.aspx

Magnolia and Noble woods are nice parks too.  Noble woods doesn't have a play structure however.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Rood Bridge was my second choice. But I seriously think you should just have it at Magnolia. It's close and everyone knows where it is! So what if all our kids have it at the same place! haha. Or look into something indoor. 'Cause it's October ya know? Wink I'll help! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • PS- Still think you should do Munchkin Playland or Childresn's Museum on a weekend. Just my opinion. They're both about the same price. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I absolutely love Commonwealth Park, it's near Cedar Hills Mall.  They don't have a website, but here's a decent blog post with lots of pictures:

https://www.pdxfamilyadventures.com/2008/05/18/commonwealth-lake-park

Also, are you planning the party for October?  Honestly, I would plan an indoor party (or at least somewhere with an indoor option), because if it was raining, I wouldn't want to hang out in a park outside.  My DD's birthday is in April, and I really wanted an outdoor party for her, and it ended up raining.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageThe_Jen626:

Also, are you planning the party for October?  Honestly, I would plan an indoor party (or at least somewhere with an indoor option), because if it was raining, I wouldn't want to hang out in a park outside.  My DD's birthday is in April, and I really wanted an outdoor party for her, and it ended up raining.

Yeah, it's the first week of October. I know it's kind of iffy whether it will be nice or not, but I am thinking of taking the risk. Since Spring/Summer started late this year I am guessing it is going to stay hot longer. (Fingers crossed!) That's also why I want to go to a park with a covered area, just in case it does rain. Because it's Lana's first birthday, SO many people want to come and I don't have room at my house. I also don't want to spend the money on a place like the Children's Museum because at only one year old she won't even get to fully enjoy it so it doesn't seem worth the money. It's tough finding a spot! AGHHH!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"