Pittsburgh Babies

OB/Gyn???

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good OB/Gyn around the area. Currently i am using my family doctor but i want to go an OB/Gyn. I am getting married soon and we want to start trying soon after that so I want to talk about all the things that come with that. Any suggestions would be helpful! thanks everyone!!

Re: OB/Gyn???

• Which area are you looking?  South Hills?  I went to West Penn OBGYN.  There are alot of doctors there, so if you work full time, its easy to get appointments.  You will have to deliver at West Penn though.  So people arent comfortable with that.  They would rather go to Magee.  It wasnt a bad experience there.  Good Luck!
  • What hospital affiliation would you like them to have and what area?  Would you be comfortable with midwifery care or is an OB/Gyn more important?
  • Loading the player...
  • I started using Dr. Sommer's practice with UPMC Womancare. They came highly recommended from women on the bump and the nest! They have been excellent so far and have 7 am appointments which is great for getting to work on time! They also have offices all over town and are accepting new patients.

I was with PAGYNOB before switching to Womancare (Only switched because my insurance wouldn't cover delivering at West Penn) and they were AWESOME too...my best friend delivered with them and were amazing!

• I go to Pittsburgh Gynob @ West Penn.  I delivered my daughter there in 2008 and had a great experience.  I plan on delivering number 2 there as well!  Good luck to you!
  • I also go to West Penn Obgyn. They delivered all 3 of my boys and will deliver this one too. West Penn is great to deliver at they are not a baby factory. They pay attention to you and the care was great they do have a great NICU from what I have heard. All the Dr.'s in the group are great never rush you call you right back if you page them after hours I think the longest I waited one time was 15 min. because he was doing a c-section.
  • I used to go to Magee Womancare in Monroeville, but am looking in to switching to West Penn (have heard wonderful things about West Penn, rather than Magee).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"