Rhode Island Babies
Options

childbirth classes at W&I?

Hi,

Has anyone taken any of the labor classes offered at W&I...any feedback would be great!  I'm trying to find classes available on Saturdays, just due to our work schedule, and it seems like all of the other classes Ive come across are during the week, and fairly early, like 6...and I work until 6...

Thanks for your help! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: childbirth classes at W&I?

• Options
    I took the classes at W&I with my first but went through Bellani Maternity (on Rt2 in Warwick) with our second.  I learned something at both but would recommend Bellani just because it was a much more personal experience.  Not to mention they will work around your schedule.  GL!
  • Options
    Thanks so much!!   I just went on the Bellani Maternity website...there are definitely a lot of different classes available there! Thanks!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took the all day class at W&I and found it to be a waste of time. They actually did an anatomy lesson and dumbed everything down too much. I felt there wasn't enough time spent on actual labor and how to manage the pain. There was only an hour of this in the entire class. I haven't taken a class at Bellani yet, but I do recommend going there. I purchased a sling there last year and they spent over an hour with me and DD to find the right one. I even to a break to feed DD and they were very understanding and offered the lactation room to me. The owner is very friendly and informative.
  • Options
    I took the classes and wouldn't if I had to do it over. You learn the same things as you would online or in the books. The only good thing is, you learn about the hospital policies and you know what to expect during your stay. I was happy to have my husband hear it first hand, so he knew what to expect, too. If you are doing your homework, the classes aren't all that helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"