Potty Training
Options

so frustrated with when to start PT

For a long time, DS clearly wasn't ready.  Terrified of sitting on the potty, refused to even talk about it...

He talks about it now, he tells me when to change his diaper, he would still rather use his diapers than a potty and his cool big boy underwear.

I'm so afraid of starting PT and having him refuse to.  My mom always talks about how she asked my brother to pack up his diapers and give them to the garbage man, and he did - and that was that... no more diapers, no accidents.

So earlier this week I said it to DS on a whim.  Never mentioned it again.  The garbage men came today and DS asked "Where's the diapers??"  I *think* he meant the ones we were going to pack up but I'm not sure.

I just don't know if this is the right time, I seriously have doubts that he's ready.... I know you can't tell me he's ready but.... is he ready??  :)

And is there another method besides the 3day that works well?  I'm not sure "boot camp" is the best thing for him. 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: so frustrated with when to start PT

• Options

We just decided to jump right in and really commit to it for a week- if we see progress, great, we'll continue. If he makes no progress and shows zero interest in making progress, we'll try again in a few months.

He's shown some interest in the potty and is dry for long periods of time. If I ask him to sit on the potty and go, he will, so I know he has some control. For a looong time now he has been asking to be left alone when he poops most of the time will ask to be changed immediately.

I definitely think they are ready way before we think they are ready.

Good Luck with whatever you decide!

• Options
    One thing that may help.... It did with clearing DD's fear from sitting on the potty. I brought in her favorite book or toy to distract her from being afraid of sitting on it. Like make him sit down and if he starts crying hand him his favorite toy or book. and even if he doesnt go, but he sits there for a lil bit with out crying, praise him for that, and he will realize its not so bad to sit on the potty
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"