Postpartum Depression

I'm scared..

I would NEVER hurt my baby. The thought has never crossed my mind. However, last night, I shouted at him out of frustration. I have never felt like a worse mother. I have been having some depression and I am calling my doctor tomorrow morning. I feel like I should be punished for all eternity for raising my voice at him.

Re: I'm scared..

• Don't be so hard on yourself.  It happens.  Hugs to you.
  • I Never yelled at my LO but I have had a lot of help. DONT be hard on yourself. Best thing my therapist said to be was "be nice to yourself". It may be PPD which is treatable.Everyone on this board has issues with their LOs and come here to not be judged so If it happens again just jump on and say hello. 

Remember this is not easy but at least you are making sure if something is wrong your treating it.......not ignoring it. Good MOM.....not a bad one!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you. I just get frustrated because things did not work out with his Father so I'm always by myself and alone and when I need a time out I can't have one. Thank you all for not being judgemental. I feel awful, but I know I'm not the first to yell at the baby. I felt horrible, and I've been giving him lots of love all day.
  • Oh Girl a few weeks ago I was a mess and I have a bit of support. Having a baby is hard. Ur On call basically all day. and you cant control the hormones. Medicine saved my mind.
  • Oh honey...you raised your voice.  And it felt awful.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  I did that more times that I am willing to admit and always felt ashamed afterward.  The good news is that you know you need to get help.  And your baby won't remember a thing.  You're a great mom!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You girls are so sweet. Thank you all so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"