Postpartum Depression

PPD 3 months later?

Can PPD emerge a few months after birth? I also have just started my first PP perioid...so maybe this is hormonal from that.  With my DD#2 I was so relieved I did not go through that weepy phase for about 10 days after birth.  Felt great, had energy...I also have a 2 yr old toddler...but lately feeling more emotional and crying more easily. 

How do you know it is PPD?

Re: PPD 3 months later?

• You can definitely get PPD 3 months later.  PPD can hit up to a year post-partum or 1 year after you quit BF'ing.  I was diagnosed with PPD when my son was almost 7 months old.  I knew it was PPD because I felt like my life was spiraling out of control and all I could do was hold on for dear life.  I didn't care anymore.  I would pick fights with DH and my Mom.  I didn't want to go anywhere anymore or do anything.  The only time I was happy was when I was home alone with my son.  I would cry all the time and couldn't stop myself.  It was awful.  It was a lot more than just hormones.  I felt like I had no control over my life.  But, I didn't notice it until it got really, really bad.  No one ever told me that it could hit that late.  I thought once I was past that 6 week period that I was out of the clear.  I had no clue.  I am much better informed now.  If it continues, call your Dr.  They can make a much better decision/diagnosis.  GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think if you're posting here and thinking that you might have PPD, then you probably do.  Sure...the baby blues can really be a challenge with a newborn.  But I wasn't sure that I had PPD until I KNEW that I needed help.  Sleep deprivation does terrible things to the body, but even so...you need to make up your mind to get help if you think you need it.

I think that I developed PPD around 3-6 months after Jacob was born.  It was the worst time in my life.  Once I got help, things turned around tremendously for me!

Good luck!

Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"