Missouri Babies
Options

Water aerobics for pregnant women?

When I was pregnant with my daughter 6 years ago, there was an Aqua Mom's swim class at Midwest Aquatics.  I don't think they have the class anymore, but it was awesome!  Anyone know of any other classes like this?  All I see are yoga classes.  Thanks.

Re: Water aerobics for pregnant women?

• Options

I asked one of my friends who work at the YMCA when they lived in KC, and she said this:

I don't think any offer a specific prenatal water class. The physical therapy department through Olathe Med offers a class called Fitness for 2 at Prairie Life in Olathe. They may do a water version.  A lot of pregnant women attend the regular water fitness classes. Just have to watch the pool temperature.

When I was pg w/DS, I just took the normal water aerobics classes at 24 Hr Fitness and let the teacher know ahead of time that I was pg. There were very few things she told me to do differently, and mostly just had me watch my heart rate to make sure it wasn't getting too high. I was pretty comfortable doing everything the other participants (mostly 40+ yrs older than me!) did.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"