Health & Exercise
Options

Food

Where can I find a list of food I should/should not eat while pregnant.  I love turkey sandwiches but heard lunchmeat is not good to eat while pregnant.  Any advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Food

• Options

https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/is-it-safe/qa/is-lunch-meat-safe-during-pregnancy.aspx 

My advice: Eat whatever you want!

By the time you hit the second trimester, you'll be over this whole paranoia.  I ate sushi, unpasteurized brie and feta, soft serve ice cream, coffee, Diet Coke, hot dogs, raw cookie dough, I went downhill skiing, got pedicures with cute nail polish and wonderful massages, ect and DS turned out just fine and almost a week overdue  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

I disagree while it's most likely not going to kill your unborn child to eat this things it is dangerous. There are food borne illnesses found in these foods that actually attack the fetus. It is ok to have them once in awhile but having a turkey sandwich everyday significantly increases the chances that your baby will be hurt by it. 

Now to answer your question if you grill your turkey first it kills the food borne illness- so just have a grilled turkey sandwich instead.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on baby #3 and the only things I won't eat for safety reasons are sushi and unpateurized diary products.  Cold cuts, as long as they are fresh and from a reputable source, are fine. 
    Mommy to Olivia 06.07.06 & Tyler 04.08.09 & Ashley 01.05.11
  • Options
    Lunch meats can potentially contain nitrates as a preservative, but unless you go completely organic, there's usually a small amount in most foods. You're fine eating lunch meat. I can't stomach anything that comes off a pig, and very rarely chicken, right now, so pretty much all I eat is turkey, and beef once a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"