1st Trimester

Question

I've been TTGP for about 8 months now and it's been one roller coaster ride after another.  I wanted to ask y'all for some advice, rather than the TTGP board; something tells me that it would be better to ask women in the 1st tri.

Ok, so I don't know if I'm pg yet.  Why??  Too scared to test.  The previous 8 months have been horrible with 4 negative tests.  My cycle is usually 24 days, but the last few months have ranged from 24 to 27 days.  Today is day 28, and still not AF visit.  My "girls" are sore as hell!!!!!  I hate for anyone or anything to touch them.  I get some "cramps" but they don't feel like menstrual ones.

So my question is, should I test now, or wait a few more days????

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question

• I'm guessing you didn't chart or use OPK's at all??

Knowing when you O'd would make it much easier to decide whether to test or not and when to test.

I would test tomorrow morning with FMU if AF doesn't show before then.

Good luck

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Test now... I know its hard to see the negative, but your mind going to where it goes, seems worse to me..  POAS  let us know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If you really can't bare another BFN, wait out a few more days.

• If seeing a BFN is very difficult for you, wait a few more days to test just to be sure. If you think you can handle a possible negative outcome, go POAS. I think that by the time someone posts on a message board about it, they'll probably POAS no matter w hat the advice. ;) Good luck!
    Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would wait until at least tomorrow morning to use FMU (first morning urine) as it is the most concentrated and most likely to give you a positive result.

I hated the BFNs though, so I'm chicken like that. When it's been a few days longer and AF is clearly late, I would test. I charted though, so I knew exactly when to expect and when would be a safe early test...

My midwife says progesterone which is produced by all women, pg or not, makes you have those phantom symptoms - sore breasts, cramps, fatigue, etc. so it could be a no, but I hope it's a YES! GL testing and let us know how it turns out!

• If you feel like you have symptoms then test. If not, then don't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the PP. Are you charting? Using a fertility montior? Do you know when you ovulated? If you do get the dreaded BFN then I would suggest trying www.fertilityfriend.com and get the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor.

Both of those worked for me when I was charting to get pregnant with DD. Once I started charting and learned the signs my body was giving me it made my journey for a baby much easier. I understood my body more. I think there is another website www.mybeautifulcervix.com I think that's it. It explained more about what happens internally with your cycle and why knowing what your cervical mucous is so important. I hope this helps and good luck to you.

Test in the morning when your urine is the strongest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"