Alabama Babies

NBR Target returns?

Does Target take returns without a receipt?  For some reason, I'm thinking that a while back I had a hard time trying to return some stuff to Target without a receipt or a packing receipt.  I've got a bunch of newborn diapers that I need to return and I don't have a receipt, nor were they purchased off my registry.   Do you think they'll do a store credit? I don't want to take all these diapers back if they won't return them, however I've got a enough to get a pretty good amount back.

Re: NBR Target returns?

• My experience is that they don't take the without a receipt.  I despise Walmart but I always took back unopened diapers there since they'll take them without a receipt.  But the bad part you can only get a gift card at Walmart after a certain amount. 
  • They take your driver's lisence number and you can only return a certain $ amount per year.  I know BRU will exchange diapers without a reciept.
  • Loading the player...
  • They have a limit per year.  I think maybe it's 3.  If you haven't returned more than the limit in a year, they will give you store credit.  Or, if you think you used a credit card when paying for the items, they can look it up by that card.  They are really strict though and don't budge on their policy!
  • I thought about wal-mart but wasn't sure if they'd take the diapers considering they weren't bought there? I figured they'd scan he SKU and tell me they couldn't do he return because it wasn't bought there?
  • imagekc0721:
    I thought about wal-mart but wasn't sure if they'd take the diapers considering they weren't bought there? I figured they'd scan he SKU and tell me they couldn't do he return because it wasn't bought there?

SKU's on national products (i.e. non store brand) are universal. A box of Huggies or Pampers won't register as being for Walmart, Target or any other store.

• imagekc0721:
    I thought about wal-mart but wasn't sure if they'd take the diapers considering they weren't bought there? I figured they'd scan he SKU and tell me they couldn't do he return because it wasn't bought there?

I have never had a problem doing it.  In fact the last box of 2's I bought from Target that I never got to use because she needed 3's but I had thrown out the receipt.  So I took them to Walmart and they took them.  

• Wal-Mart takes everything Wink
  • imageFutureMrsWagner:
    Wal-Mart takes everything Wink

This! She's not kidding!

I think Target also only gives you the lowest price the particular product has been marked down to. So if they'd, at some point, gone on a really good sale, you'd only get that amount. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've heard women on the 3rd Tri board talking about the same thing.  Most of them recommended adding the item to the registry online so they will take it back for store credit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • They only take 2 returns in a 12 month period with your Driver's License.  And you only get store credit, no cash.

If you add it to your registry (if you've already returned 2 things) you can return it and again, get store credit.

Otherwise take it to Walmart and get cash.  At my WM, they will give you up to $50 back in cash.  After that, it goes on a gift card.

• isn't it wrong to take something back to a store if it wasn't purchased there? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"