Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I feel bad that DD is SO excited for Sesame Street

It's the highlight of her day.  She knows what time it comes on, and a few minutes before it starts she gets really cranky until I turn the TV on.  Then as soon as it's on she starts dancing and getting all excited, pointing to the TV and saying "Elmo".

The weird thing is that she only watches the first five minutes before she loses interest and goes off to play with her toys.  She'll come back and watch for a minute or two throughout the show (usually when she hears a song come on).  Towards the end, once she hears the "Elmo's World" song, she'll come back and start shakin' it to the song and will watch the last fifteen minutes.

We go out and do stimulating activities during the day, but apparently none of it compares to seeing Elmo on TV.

Anyone else have a Sesame Street addict?

Re: I feel bad that DD is SO excited for Sesame Street

• That show is made to draw kids in. She just likes the colors and songs. Dont feel bad if its something shes into. I wish my DD liked Sesame Street instead of Sponge Bob!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Don't feel bad, DD actually brings me the remote crying for Elmo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS loves it, I have to use it so I can make dinner and do things that need to be done...he will drop what hes doing when he hears the theme song LOL...Elmo is a big fave too!  He does the same as your daughter but he watches a little more than the first 5 minutes
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD gets excited when she sees Mickey Mouse in the beginning of Mickey mouse clubhouse. I am not too concerned, she also gets excited when she gets puzzle pieces in the right spot too.
  • My DS is the same way.  It's something about that red, furry monster.  He'll watch little parts of the show, but once Elmo's World comes on, don't dare change the channel!  FYI- Target has an Elmo movie, Elmo in Grouchland, for $5.  It's awesome, especially if you have to be in the car for an extended time. 

• No, DS doesn't watch any TV but he looooves Elmo!  (Elmo Live, Elmo books, Elmo on his diapers...)
  • DD loves Sesame Street!  She won't watch the entire show though - she loves the opening song and monster clubhouse (mostly re-runs).  I swear that she would sit and watch just the opening song 50 times.  In fact, that's how we get her to sit still while we trim her nails. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is like that with Elliot Moose.  We put it on around 10am. She dances to the opening song, doesn't pay attention to it, if they sing again she'll glance over, and then dances to the closing.
  • imagemaddiesmama09:

The weird thing is that she only watches the first five minutes before she loses interest and goes off to play with her toys.  She'll come back and watch for a minute or two throughout the show (usually when she hears a song come on).  Towards the end, once she hears the "Elmo's World" song, she'll come back and start shakin' it to the song and will watch the last fifteen minutes.

This is EXACTLY what DS does.  We have Sesame Street episodes on DVR, so usually what I do during the morning, is end up replaying Elmo's World.  Like 3 or 4 times.  He is obsessed with Elmo! 

I feel guilty that he already watches TV regularly at 14 mos, but at least it's just Sesame Street and Barney.  He only watches one show, maybe two per day, and he loves it... so I'm not a terrible mom, right?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I see nothing wrong with SS, it works for us as kids and it is very educational. Emmalee is not so much into SS, but Blues Clues and Dora. She is the same way about dancing as your DD is. As soon as I put her music cd on, or if she hears a cute song on the tv, she stops everything and shakes her bootie, stomps her feet, etc. It is so cute I bust out laughing everytime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"