Trying to Get Pregnant

BBT and migraine

I have had a migraine since about 6pm last night.  My BBT this am was over 2 degrees higher than the previous 16 days.  Anyone else have this happen?  I am suspecting that I should discard this temp.  Also, anyone have good OTC remedies for migraines? 

Re: BBT and migraine

• Exedrin migraine is the best for that.  I get them too and that is all that works for me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • atlbatlb member
    2 degrees higher? As in, you have a fever?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebabyhunbun7:

Exedrin migraine is the best for that.  I get them too and that is all that works for me!

And excedrine migraine is just tylenol and caffeine, so its totally ttc safe. Do you normally get a huge temp rise like that with migraines?  If not maybe you are fighting something off.  Down that excedrine with some orange juice.

Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • imageAndBabyWouldMake5:
    imagebabyhunbun7:

Exedrin migraine is the best for that.  I get them too and that is all that works for me!

And excedrine migraine is just tylenol and caffeine, so its totally ttc safe. Do you normally get a huge temp rise like that with migraines?  If not maybe you are fighting something off.  Down that excedrine with some orange juice.

There is actually ibuprofen in there too so be careful when you take them!  The excedrine tension headache is just tylenol and caffeine so that might be better!

• atlbatlb member

If it is really 2 whole degrees higher (your highest temp is 98, so this AMs temp would be 100) then yes, I would discard it. If you mean .2 degrees higher (98.2) then I would not discard it.

• My temperature never goes up with a migraine. When I am TTC the only thing I take for one is Tylenol which doesn't give too much relief. Be careful with Excedrine since it does have ibuprofen in it. Also, my neurologist warned me to never take Excedrine more than twice a week because it causes rebound headaches.

When I have a migraine and can't take anything, when I get home from work I put some ice on my head and try to go to bed early. Sleeping and cold can really help sometimes.

• Ice works for my headaches, but everyone is different.

I prefer to not take too much in the way of OTC pain relief, as it can cause rebound headaches if you take it too much.

Can you take a nap today? Sleep often helps.

Hope you feel better. I would disregard that temp. And chart your headache on your chart (I do) so you can see if there is a pattern during the time of your cycle.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I just put the temp in so you can see it on my chart.  It was 99.59.  Other than a weird higher temp CD1, the next highest was 97.59. So, yes, it was a full 2 degrees higher this morning. 

Argh.  I just googled ibuprofen and am wanting to smack my aching forehead.  I thought it was bad just in 2ww due to implantation problems.  I didn't know it was bad around O time too.  Hopefully the 2 doses I took last night and this morning don't screw things up for me.  (FWIW, the ibuprofen isn't doing a dang thing anyway).  I can't have caffeine due to heart rhythm issues.  Ice packs and Tylenol it is.  Thanks!

• imagemelissabo:

I just put the temp in so you can see it on my chart.  It was 99.59.  Other than a weird higher temp CD1, the next highest was 97.59. So, yes, it was a full 2 degrees higher this morning. 

Argh.  I just googled ibuprofen and am wanting to smack my aching forehead.  I thought it was bad just in 2ww due to implantation problems.  I didn't know it was bad around O time too.  Hopefully the 2 doses I took last night and this morning don't screw things up for me.  (FWIW, the ibuprofen isn't doing a dang thing anyway).  I can't have caffeine due to heart rhythm issues.  Ice packs and Tylenol it is.  Thanks!

Wow that is a huge temp spike! Maybe you are sick and running a slight fever? I know how much it sucks to struggle through the day with a migraine. I am so sorry you have to deal with this today!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"